Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bahamaboy99
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sync Windows Media Player Playlists to Samsung Galaxy S3?

Hello Guys & Girls,
    Pleas forgive me if this has been asked befor,but I just cant seem to find an answer.
    How do I go about transferring Windows Media Player Playlists ( .WPL) into my S3 .
    Just syncing from WMP does not work, it does not save the Playlist, and besides all songs are being transferred without playlist order
    I am a recent android convert after having a BlackBerry for over 10years,I would greatly appreciate if someone has a solution to this.
    I don't know if it helps but at present I am using the stock S3 player.
    Thank you in advance.
    Onna808 likes this.

Default Re: Sync Windows Media Player Playlists to Samsung Galaxy S3?

Haven't tried with the galaxy, but with my HTC Evo you will need to manually copy the playlists. You can place them anywhere on the phone, but for organization sake I recommend mounting the phone using it as a hard drive and creating a new folder called Playlists.

If you know much about batch files, you can create one to use the robocopy command to sync the playlists up. Then all you need to do is plug in, and double click to move/update your playlists.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Sync Windows Media Player Playlists to Samsung Galaxy S3?

Thanks but since I noticed that since the update to google play music, WMP playlist work as I wanted.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Sync Windows Media Player Playlists to Moto Droid Razr Maxx

I've got the Moto Droid Razr Maxx, and I use WMP to copy my music to my phone, and I copied my playlist directory to my phone. I couldn't tell whether the phone was using the SD card or internal storage so I copied everything to both. Until fairly recently the Google Play Music player let me play use my playlists; they disappeared after one of the player updates, and I can't figure out where GPM is now hiding its playlists or how to get it to use my existing ones.

I also need to, if possible, have GPM only use the SD card for my music.

Thanks!

Default Re: Sync Windows Media Player Playlists to Moto Droid Razr Maxx

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by pbug56 View Post
    or how to get it to use my existing ones.
    You might find something useful here https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1250213

I haven't fiddled with it myself - sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk