What ROM to get?

Zackme

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting either the CyanogenMod 10 or Slim Bean for my s3?

What are the differences between the two in battery life and features?

BadHead1970

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of getting Cyanogen 10 for my S3. It is also an I9300. I was interested in this as it is based on the 4.2 version of Android.

However, the only version of the Cyanogen 10 ROMs available for the I9300 are nightly builds. These are, by Cyangons own admission, buggy. I chose not to install as I want my phone to be reliable rather then cutting edge. I therefore stuck with the standard 4.1.2.

The only stable Cyangons ROMs available for the I9300 are those that begin with 9. However, these are based on the 4.1.2 version of Android.

One word of caution, in case you didn't know already, you have to use a ROam designed specifically for your flavour of S3. For example, if you use a ROM meant for an International I9300 S3 on an S3 meant for another market, you will brick your phone. The phones may look the same on the outside, but the internal hardware will have been altered to suit nmarket and national differences.

Sorry to sound patronising if you already know all that stuff, just thought it was worth mentioning. Also, it would be a good idea to use apps like ROM Manager and Titanium to back up your current ROM and applications and settings, so you can get them back should it all go pear shaped. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22