S3 Hanging ( freezing ) Problem Solved

aawamleh

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I was following your posts regarding the S3 hanging Problem for the last 2 weeks, i had exactly the same issue, it was sever case my phone would hang every half an hour or more, i had to keep restarting it. i tried all the suggested solutions other members suggested bust nothing worked.
until i found this solution (described here):

http://jordan.blog.com/2013/04/17/galaxy-s3-hanging-problem-solution/

it's all about renaming your wifi name and change the encryption method to WPA2
My phone is working perfectly now, i hope this will beneficial for you guys
thanks

pa38112

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey bud! mine is hanging like 10 sec after restarting it.. trying my luck to go to the settings without freezing.. finally followed ur instruction.... and i think its been 15 mins now... its not freezing.. i hope this is it.. and if it does fix the problem... hey man!! HIGH FIVE TO YOU!!

Patrick Boustany

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well one thing its not a solution for it to hang 1 or twice a day i need my phone not to hang it shouldnt so im really thinking of going back to iphone i know... but at least i know that my phone will stay on all day long without any problem or u have another solution for me

mollum

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! Love my s3 and wouldnt swap it for another phone ever. However, Ive had many minor problems and now i have a major one. Back in January ?I smashed my phone and its been fine for the past coupld of months but these past 2 weeks my phone has been freezing and when I was trying to text other applications would pop up and then all of a sudden my touchscreen has stopped working... It has its moments where 1 minute it works for 5 minutes and the next it doesnt. I took it into T-Mobile as I have a contract with this and because I smashed my phone months a go it is out of warranty so they cannot take a look. Any ideas what to do ?:(

guiacangkaw

May 22, 2013
Visit site
i usually never post or comment on techie stuff like this. so here it goes.
I superrrr love my phone and when this thing happend ive gone crazy mad because my phone just keeps on hanging and freezing and i keep on pulling out and back the battery of my samsung s3. i spent days on reading forums and blogs and tried to understand but nothing worked. i even tried checking youtube videos but nothing happend.
ok ok too much of my story so il jump into the solution:

1. download "dummy file generator" on google play store
2. open the app
3. go on "internal memory" tab
4. dont worry on what to put on the "byte" box
5. select "generate FULL" generate dummy files until storage is full
6. YES, your phone will hang and freeze a couple of times. (what i did is pull out the batt again)
7. keep on doing this until ur memory is full
8. then select "delete" delete all dummy files.
9. then thats it

i dont know if it will work for other but YESSSSS it worked for me no hang and freeze since then. :)

hope it helped!

Paul Chin

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hope to hear your feedback soon. Meanwhile, I have also started using the dummy file generator & now in process of generating files...it's no easy task cos it's already been 5 times hangging/freezing...as of now still in progress. Will post feedback soon...darn..another hang/freeze again... :(

Paul Chin

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Finally, after about 70 min (about 10 times freeze/hang) I managed to complete all the dummy file generator steps. Will observe my S3 & see how it goes. Fingers crossed! :)

ahmed174

May 31, 2013
Visit site
ur hanging prob is solved? anybody who has permanent solution for this, if yes please guide me i wud b really grateful for ur this kind act friends

Paul Chin

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Today I did the dummy file generator again but not until the whole memory is full cos that will take too long. I did about 10%, say the phone hang for the third time, I simply removed the battery & restarted the phone again...then HIT the "delete all dummy files". Surprisingly, almost the whole day is gone & my phone hasn't crash yet!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2