Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GTWalling
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Unhappy S3 Doesn't turn on HELLLPPPP PLS

hey guys, some assistance if possible please, i have an s3, sunday realized the phone just cut off and wont come back on, tried charging and still didnt come on nor show any red light or anything. i opened it up and realized it got wet because i lent a friend for some hours the day before anyways upon opening it up i saw moisture damage, i cleaned it off with rubbing alcohol and a soft tooth brush and left it in rice overnight, today i tried to power it up, when i inserted the battery and pressed the power button it didnt come on, tried another battery, same problem, plugged in the charger and the battery symbol came up showing its charging but if i press the power bottom for it to come on nothing happens, what could i do?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: S3 Doesn't turn on HELLLPPPP PLS

Quote Originally Posted by dion76 View Post
    hey guys, some assistance if possible please, i have an s3, sunday realized the phone just cut off and wont come back on, tried charging and still didnt come on nor show any red light or anything. i opened it up and realized it got wet because i lent a friend for some hours the day before anyways upon opening it up i saw moisture damage, i cleaned it off with rubbing alcohol and a soft tooth brush and left it in rice overnight, today i tried to power it up, when i inserted the battery and pressed the power button it didnt come on, tried another battery, same problem, plugged in the charger and the battery symbol came up showing its charging but if i press the power bottom for it to come on nothing happens, what could i do?

Try letting it charge some more then unplug and try to turn it on, if not i would take it into your carrier and see what can be done.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Are the water indicators RED? If they are your friend owes you a phone.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram
    Ryan_Clark likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Try letting it charge some more then unplug and try to turn it on, if not i would take it into your carrier and see what can be done.
    i allowed it to charge whole night, the charger symbol is fully green and says $100% but when i press the power button nothing happens, i strongly think the power button may be faulty now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GTWalling View Post
    Are the water indicators RED? If they are your friend owes you a phone.
    yea some are red
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

So i carried it to a tech and he pointed out the switch may be good but the part where it solders onto the board is damaged/missing, he told me if i got the schematics for it he may be able to jumper it, anybody know where i could get the schematics?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S3 Doesn't turn on HELLLPPPP PLS-ic.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Here's a link to the Samsung S3 service manual:
    Thanked by:

hi
    i have same problem. i am also searching for jumping connections. same point missing from board, plz contact me noumankwl at yahoo .com 07915176201 uk