Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GTWalling
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    dion76's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

    Unhappy S3 Doesn't turn on HELLLPPPP PLS

    hey guys, some assistance if possible please, i have an s3, sunday realized the phone just cut off and wont come back on, tried charging and still didnt come on nor show any red light or anything. i opened it up and realized it got wet because i lent a friend for some hours the day before anyways upon opening it up i saw moisture damage, i cleaned it off with rubbing alcohol and a soft tooth brush and left it in rice overnight, today i tried to power it up, when i inserted the battery and pressed the power button it didnt come on, tried another battery, same problem, plugged in the charger and the battery symbol came up showing its charging but if i press the power bottom for it to come on nothing happens, what could i do?
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: S3 Doesn't turn on HELLLPPPP PLS

    Quote Originally Posted by dion76 View Post
    hey guys, some assistance if possible please, i have an s3, sunday realized the phone just cut off and wont come back on, tried charging and still didnt come on nor show any red light or anything. i opened it up and realized it got wet because i lent a friend for some hours the day before anyways upon opening it up i saw moisture damage, i cleaned it off with rubbing alcohol and a soft tooth brush and left it in rice overnight, today i tried to power it up, when i inserted the battery and pressed the power button it didnt come on, tried another battery, same problem, plugged in the charger and the battery symbol came up showing its charging but if i press the power bottom for it to come on nothing happens, what could i do?

    Try letting it charge some more then unplug and try to turn it on, if not i would take it into your carrier and see what can be done.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. #3  

    Default Re: S3 Doesn't turn on HELLLPPPP PLS

    Are the water indicators RED? If they are your friend owes you a phone.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

    If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button


    Unused Ram is Wasted Ram
    Ryan_Clark likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    dion76's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

    Default Re: S3 Doesn't turn on HELLLPPPP PLS

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Try letting it charge some more then unplug and try to turn it on, if not i would take it into your carrier and see what can be done.
    i allowed it to charge whole night, the charger symbol is fully green and says $100% but when i press the power button nothing happens, i strongly think the power button may be faulty now

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GTWalling View Post
    Are the water indicators RED? If they are your friend owes you a phone.
    yea some are red
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    dion76's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

    Default Re: S3 Doesn't turn on HELLLPPPP PLS

    So i carried it to a tech and he pointed out the switch may be good but the part where it solders onto the board is damaged/missing, he told me if i got the schematics for it he may be able to jumper it, anybody know where i could get the schematics?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S3 Doesn't turn on HELLLPPPP PLS-ic.jpg  
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: S3 Doesn't turn on HELLLPPPP PLS

    Here's a link to the Samsung S3 service manual:
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: S3 Doesn't turn on HELLLPPPP PLS

    hi
    i have same problem. i am also searching for jumping connections. same point missing from board, plz contact me noumankwl at yahoo .com 07915176201 uk

Similar Threads

  1. Phone doesn't turn on...Faulty battery? What do I do?
    By AndroidBlizzard in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 03:46 PM
  2. 4G doesn't turn on
    By Jaggrey in forum Sprint Photon
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 01:58 PM
  3. I bought another Nexus, and this phone doesn't turn on at all.
    By FreakyLocz14 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 07:39 PM
  4. Screen doesn't turn on when receiving text
    By kidgonesmall in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 03:29 PM
  5. Evo doesn't turn on
    By luisrodg in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2011, 03:27 PM

Posting Permissions

B