Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again.

Prince Ebonguko

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I need help! My Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300). Tried flashing a new ROM (CMod 9) but got error on Odin and after restart get the error message. Please Help!!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
In general, you don't need to use Odin to flash a ROM. Can you provide a link to the ROM you were trying to load, and explain exactly what you did? If you were following a guide that's online, please provide a link to that guide.

Is your phone already rooted?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Rozax, I replied to your PM and ask you to provide some additional information.

But let me ask you a question: you posted this in the S3 i9300 forum. That's the unbranded, unlocked international GSM version of the phone. The video you linked above very clearly says it's for the Verizon CDMA version of the phone. If you loaded the Verizon ROM to an international i9300 phone, you have probably hard bricked your device.

If there is any chance of recovering from this error, it would be to try to follow the instructions in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ck-firmwares-gt-i9300-including-jb-leaks.html

In the future, understand you can ONLY apply ROMs and root / unroot procedures intended for your exact model of phone.

jomeza001

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. Same problem Here. have a T-Mobil SGH-T889 Note II and i was trying to Root it using the instructions here : Root Galaxy Note 2 (Simple, Safe, No Loss of Data)

However, my Note II now displays the following: "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.

I used the files provided on that Tutorial.

Please help.
Tnx.

EDIT: I just managed to put my Note Ii in Download mode and re-installed the ROM again. Thanks anyway!!

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
jomeeza, you know you posted this in a Galaxy S3 forum, not a Note II forum. I'm glad you got it working, but you're liking to get bad advice if someone thinks you're asking about an S3.

renyartur, the "same" as what? You say you have T-mobile, but this forum is for the international version of the phone. Please tell us exactly what model of the phone you have (e.g., i9300, T999), describe exactly what your problem is, and exactly what you did before the problem occurred.

tesich

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
HELLO, i have the same problem.....firmware upgrade encountered an issue.... wont recognize in kies and wont open recovery or odin mode.....it happened cause i pull out cable by mistake while i was puting that arabian jb 4.2.2. sry for my bad english im from croatia :D

IceAge0121

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I had this exact same problem as well. I eventually realized that the screen saying the firmware upgrade failed IS still download mode (it just looks different than usual). I also had to change what USB port I connected to until I found one that Odin would recognize. Once this happened, I reflashed with Telus' Android 4.1.2 stock firware (mine is the SGH-T989D), and the phone rebooted and all is well! Very happy I was able to save my phone.

Christy Vida

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I need help! I had accidentally deleted my contacts and had no backup, I was following a youtube video and told me to download Odin and 4.1.1 (I had 4.1.2), well it failed and then my phone is now stuck in reset mode. My model is SGH-1747M and my provider is Bell. (Also I am a Canadian resident if that makes a difference) My phone is very important for my job and I wish to know if there is to fix everything, like get my contacts back and unlock it from this mode thing it is in.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz