1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy s3 Need Help Please !

I dropped my phone (Samsung Galaxy s3) earlier today (screen fell face flat on the floor)

Nothing broke, nothing cracked - though the screen wouldn't display anything, but it was still class time, so I put it away.

When I got home, I took out the battery, put it back in, and turned it on again, I could hear the start up noise and everything, but the screen was still black.

I tried taking the battery out and put it back in again, and this time I could see the screen, but it looks cracked - like the displayed image looks like a broken TV screen - and sometimes flashes weird colors (green yellow blue purple etc)

Other than the screen, everything else still functions normally - The phone still has noises, I could still "receive" calls, I even tried playing some music (I remembered where I put my Music Player Shortcut on my page, so I was able to navigate there despite a 90% block of the screen) So basically, everything works normally - except for the "color gash" in the screen.

I attached a picture of how it currently looks like (sorry about the bad quality - used my laptop to take it)

I'm very lost right now and Idk if this can be fixed or not ... can anyone help me ? or tell me what kinda part is broken/needs repairing etc ? Thanks (:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy s3 Need Help Please !-screen.jpg  
    Last edited by Galaxies1000; 05-08-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Need Help Please !

Yeah looks like the display (not the glass) but the display/digitizer is messed up.

If your the techy type that likes to play around there is a wealth of videos on You Tube to help disassemble and replace just about anything on phones today. Parts are pretty easy to obtain also.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Need Help Please !

Alright, thank you Paul

*phew* good thing its still fixable