1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who else is disappointed with the new 4.2.2 update?

From my point of view im quite disappointed so far, maybe in the near future Samsung will put more features in but at the moment this doesn't look very good.

I understand some features of the S4 needs the new hardware for them to work, but features such as Smart Pause, Smart Scroll, Air swipe (not the one where you put your finger just above the display) and even S translator do not need new hardware like the S4. The only features samsung used was the new Lockscreen and UI, but even the UI isn't up to scratch, samsung hasnt even used the new weather widget!

Other than that the update is ok, but Samsung need to use othwr features from the S4 to keep the S3 in with the High end devices.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Who else is disappointed with the new 4.2.2 update?

The S3 is no longer a "high end device" as you described it. That's the S4's position. Samsung is never going to give the S3 features that move it too close to the S4. They want S3 owners to upgrade, and new shoppers to choose the S4. They make no money if you upgrade your S3, and I'm sure they've now sell the S3 to the carriers for less money than the S4.

Manufacturers aren't in business to keep spending money to give you things for free. Samsung does a better job than most at providing upgrades, but no manufacturer is ever going to go as far as you're expecting.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

this my review for I9300XXUFME3 (4.2.2) - ODIN Firmware [20-05-13]

if you want install with mobile odin see this video

Well for me it's okay as long as no additional bloatwares are included in the upgrade.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    4.1,1 Stock

Remember this isn't the final product. I'm sure they will add some more features to it. At this point i think it is rather incomplete.
    I will be staying on 4.1.2 until it come out on Kies etc.