No Data/ APN issues

Charlieanne

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, firstly I apologise if this thread is in the wrong place/already answered but I can't find anything to help me!

So my problem is I cannot get a data connection at all. I have and never have had a 3g/H/H+ symbol. I have standard signal bars and can make and receive calls and sms and I can access wifi fine, but cannot access my data. Orange assure me everything is fine their end and have sent me APN settings multiple times but they do not seem to work.

I bought my phone on Orange via phones4u (UK). As such the phone is factory unlocked and unbranded. My sister's sim works in it (she's on vodafone), but again no data despite adding new APNs.

I added new APN's (several times) and they do not work. I was advised to reset APNs to default which has not fixed the problem.

The default APN to my knowledge is correct EXCEPT the MNC field, which is 33 and all other APNS I can find for EE/Orange have MNC 30. However I cannot edit the default APN or remove it. I cannot add a new APN if the MNC is anything other than 33.

I am running Android 4.1.2, which to my knowledge prevents me from downloading an app to edit the :-\default APN.

Do I need to do a factory reset or root my device? I am a noob and I am hesitant to do a root myself.

I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue and I am getting p'd off!

Also I'm on Network Mode GSM/WCDMA the only other options are GSM only or WCMDA only.

Thankyou in advance! I really appreciate any help or advice!

UPDATE: I just sent an mms (first time ever) and it sent fine and the like H+ logo popped up (first time I've seen it) but as soon as the mms was sent the H+ logo disappeared and I still can't connect to my data.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress