Samsung GS3 Completely dead, no apparent reason...

Andy Sawtell

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I bought a GS3 when it was first released and about a month later dropped it and cracked the screen in the bottom right corner. This didn't affect the operation of the phone at all, in fact it worked fine for the next 10 months. One evening I went to check my phone and noticed the blue LED was lit - I had an email. I pressed the home button to unlock the phone and nothing happened...the phone had gone dead. At first I though it was a strange coincidence that the battery had run out at that moment, but I'm sure there was at least 20% charge. When I plugged it in to charge the red LED didn't light up. I left it overnight but it was stll dead in the morning. The phone hadn't received any impact damage apart from the above mentioned drop, and had not been exposed to water.

I took the phone to my repair shop and they sent it to Samsung, who diagnosed the fault to be the screen and would not cover it under warranty. I disagreed and had the phone returned, deciding to replace the screen myself. Well, I have just replaced the entire LCD unit and the phone is still dead - it won't switch on and there is still no charge light when I plug it in. A friend said he had the same symptoms and Samsung replaced his motherboard.

Does this ring any bells with anyone? Any input would be appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca