Damaged bezel

gabrielro

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm new here, this is my first post btw :) Yesterday I dropped my S3 on concrete and that bezel around the phone, the frame, you know... got a little bit damaged, the problems are just esthetic, the paint chipped down a little bit and I can see some black spots underneath that grey paint. So I thought that it would be a good idea buying a grey metallic spray paint and isolate the bezel from the rest of the phone with some ducktape and gently painting the bezel 'till the paint is all uniformly stretched on it. Btw, even if the color would end up a little different, it's not that bad having a bit of a custom S3 frame :D What you think? Any ideas or something?

gabrielro

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. And I think that the original bezel paint is some kind of a metallic silver. Am I right?

EDIT: And before painting I would also try filling the little bumps with something that is used for plastic and then softly smoothening it with with a bit of sandpaper, because there are like 2 or 3 small bumps, and I think that the paint wouldn't look uniform with just painting above them. Any suggestions about what should I use for this?

Last edited:

bobalobabingbong

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the blue one, so I'll take your word for it.

As far as filling the bumps, I'm sure you can find some sort of acrylic compound or epoxy. But now you're into dangerous territory. One screw up with stuff like that and you can do pretty bad damage. Ask yourself if the bumps are worth the trouble. I'd bet a nice looking case would do just the trick. I have a small crack on the bottom of mine, but the case covers it.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

gabrielro

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
You're right, but anyways... Maybe I won't fill the bumps but I'll still try to paint it, I'm wondering what would happen if I'd tell the warranty what happened, maybe they will help me somehow... Because I think that giving the phone to a specialized service for repairing it will be pretty expensive...

JRG497

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I've got some black marks on my s3 bezel. I've never dropped the phone and they don't feel like scratches. They almost look like damp patches. They won't come off how ever much I rub them. Any suggestions or ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome