Slow charging + excessive RAM usage + can't be detected (Mac)

zero743

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Since last week, my S3 started to have to have a few problems. It takes forever to charge (I once charged it overnight, went up from 9% to only 55%). I thought perhaps there's something wrong with the cable, so I tried using my power bank & my mum's Note II cables, it didn't make any difference. Besides that, even after I killed all the apps in task managers, forced stop every app & even cleared the caches, my RAM is constantly running at 620mb or more. I cleared the memory, which reduced it to 430+mb, but then it goes up again not long after even when I'm not using my phone. Also, everytime I tried to connect to Kies or AFT on Mac OS X 10.7.5, they can't detect my phone. Yes, I did used AFT first, then uninstalled it before using Kies. I tried Kies via wi-fi, it still won't detect my phone. Do any of you have faced this problem or know how to solve this without rooting it? The phone is still under warranty. Thank you very much in advance.

wpn00b

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this issue on tons of Verizon Galaxy S3 devices in the US. I am in technical support at VZW and plenty of people call me about this everyday. We haven't yet narrowed it down to any one thing. I would suggest contacting Samsung and reporting the issue to them as well as your mobile carrier since you are under warranty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1