I uninstalled touch wiz home

Richard Razon

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I rooted my phone and then uninstalled touch home knowing that it is dangerous. :'( Now I cant use my phone because I was unsuccessful with Kies firmware installation and also trying to install clockwerkmod to install cyanogenmod was unsuccessful. I am obviously pretty new to these things. Do you guys think I can fix this on my own? If yes, how? Or should I bring it to a Samsung service center? Thanks in advance.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my phone and then uninstalled touch home knowing that it is dangerous. :'( Now I cant use my phone because I was unsuccessful with Kies firmware installation and also trying to install clockwerkmod to install cyanogenmod was unsuccessful. I am obviously pretty new to these things. Do you guys think I can fix this on my own? If yes, how? Or should I bring it to a Samsung service center? Thanks in advance.

Ok. First, welcome to the forums.

Second, uninstalling TouchWiz was like deleting DOS on Windows. Not a good idea. Let's try an easier fix first. Using a PC log on to Google Play with the same email you use for Android. DOwnload any random launcher from Play like Nova. Click install and choose the S3. After a few minutes look at your device, and see if it come to life.

Richard Razon

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok. First, welcome to the forums.

Second, uninstalling TouchWiz was like deleting DOS on Windows. Not a good idea. Let's try an easier fix first. Using a PC log on to Google Play with the same email you use for Android. DOwnload any random launcher from Play like Nova. Click install and choose the S3. After a few minutes look at your device, and see if it come to life.

How would it install on my phone or through what connection? I cant turn on wifi and I am not sure if mobile data will work. Should I connect my phone to the computer with a USB cable?

My friend said I should install gapps using recovery mod. I have a stock recovery mod.

Ibrahim1Ansari

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
You should have installed an other launcher before uninstalling TouchWiz. You had stock recovery mode, use it to restore the OS. If you really want to do it again without a problem, install a launcher, like the Android 4.4 KitKat stock launcher ripped of the Nexus 5 and if you like it, some more apps of KitKat are available too but you have to download them from the internet. Once installed, root your phone and uninstall TouchWiz. Once it's done, your phone will work normally, but it'll be a different look so it'll take time to get used to it.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Even when rooting, you should NEVER uninstall the stock launcher. Downloading a third party launcher gives you a different look and allows you to use a different launcher without removing the features you still need to make the device operate properly.

tap'n

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non