android 4.0.4 - won't update

KirstieUOG

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
hi all,

my phone is still on version 4.0.4. When i try and run a status update it says there is no update available, and when i connect through Kies it tells me that device cannot update through Kies. (have uninstalled and reinstalled kies and always says the same thing)

Anyone have advice on how i can update?

Thanks,

K

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
One option would be to locate the downloadable file from the official OTA update. It would be the exact same file that was sent out by Samsung or your carrier in the OTA update/Kies update and you would flash it manually from your stock recovery.

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Flash it through Odin. If you know you're CSC code, you can download the jelly bean ROM from sammobile.con. Its perfectly legal.

Posted via Android Central App

Arafat Iqbal

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
my phone is still on version 4.0.4. When i try and run a status update it says there is no update available, and when i connect through Kies it tells me that device cannot update through Kies. (have uninstalled and reinstalled kies and always says the same thing)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
my phone is still on version 4.0.4.
Since Kies isn't cooperating you can use a tool called Odin (just Google it; look for v3.07) and you can find your firmware here - just select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left, then mouse-over the region codes until you find your country/carrier.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer