Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy S3 freezing

    My phone's been freezing lately. I also noticed that one time when it froze, it was at 30% battery, when I removed the battery to reboot it, it went down to 11%.. So any idea what could be freezing it? It went down from 30% to 11% in less than 2 minutes.
  2. #2  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    13,061 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,064 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarek Salama View Post
    My phone's been freezing lately. I also noticed that one time when it froze, it was at 30% battery, when I removed the battery to reboot it, it went down to 11%.. So any idea what could be freezing it? It went down from 30% to 11% in less than 2 minutes.
    I would recommend starting with a factory reset (make sure to backup your data) and see how things go. If it reoccurs again, then you'll need to purchase a new battery as that seems to be a problem. Remove the battery and give it a spin on the table. If it spins for a few seconds then it means its got swelling and should be replaced.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    I had the same problem, My phone was freezing, sluggish and switching off. I uninstalled apps one at a time, Facebook Messenger was the problem. When I uninstalled Messenger my phone was working perfectly again. Hope this helps.
  4. #4  

    Wink Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    Hi

    I have found a solution for this problem. I tried everything and after many hard resets I discovered that you must to turn off the movement sensor.Go to settings and turn off movement options. I also turned off the SVoice as a precaution.
    You see you will have a faster new phone like never before. I know ir is hard to give up of movement sensor, but I was getting crazy with my S3 and now I have a new faster and smooth phone. It is like magic. I never had a S3 smooth like it is now.

    Samsung should correct this problem.

    Please let me know if it works for you.

    Good lucky.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    Thanks for the info. I turned off the movement sensor and my phone is loading apps much faster. I will have wait and see about the freezing issue.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    Unbelievable! Seems to be you are right.
    After reading all those factory-reset and return-to-dealer recommendations it is incredible the solution was so much easier.
    Thanks a lot.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    My s4 i9300 is suddenly switched of n I tried to swich on bt its nt getting on even I kept on charge n also that charging light is of its nt getting on .so hw can I switch on my finr
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by kaushal suthar View Post
    My s4 i9300 is suddenly switched of n I tried to swich on bt its nt getting on even I kept on charge n also that charging light is of its nt getting on .so hw can I switch on my finr
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by msssouza View Post
    Hi

    I have found a solution for this problem. I tried everything and after many hard resets I discovered that you must to turn off the movement sensor.Go to settings and turn off movement options. I also turned off the SVoice as a precaution.
    You see you will have a faster new phone like never before. I know ir is hard to give up of movement sensor, but I was getting crazy with my S3 and now I have a new faster and smooth phone. It is like magic. I never had a S3 smooth like it is now.

    Samsung should correct this problem.

    Please let me know if it works for you.

    Good lucky.
    What is the movement sensor? Or is it called something else? I can't find it in my settings
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    Lin,
    Welcome to the forums!

    I can only assume that the reference was to the Motion features - Settings -> Motion (just turn it off).

    You can also disable S Voice if you have a mind to - Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, scroll down until you find S Voice, select that item and then select Disable (you may have to select Uninstall updates first).

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    I get the same results by turning off screen rotation. Is s3 going to get fixes for4.3?

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  
    Haptik's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    Just backup your apps, data and reinstall the Android version, it should work completely fine then.
    Secondly, Android 4.3 have a lot many fixes, so try installing it as soon as it is released in your area.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    Hi. is the movement sensor the same with proximity sensor? I cant seem to find the movement sensor.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by Lc Reklamo1 View Post
    Hi. is the movement sensor the same with proximity sensor?
    No. The proximity sensor utilizes the two little holes just to the right of the SAMSUNG logo on the front of the phone to determine if your face (or hand or other surface) is nearby.

    The movement sensor (aka motion sensor) uses accelerometers inside the phone to detect movement in the various axes.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie S71 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I turned off the movement sensor and my phone is loading apps much faster. I will have wait and see about the freezing issue.
    Please tell me how to turn off the movement sensor because I didn't find thing like this or is it the motion gestures
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by msssouza View Post
    Hi

    I have found a solution for this problem. I tried everything and after many hard resets I discovered that you must to turn off the movement sensor.Go to settings and turn off movement options. I also turned off the SVoice as a precaution.
    You see you will have a faster new phone like never before. I know ir is hard to give up of movement sensor, but I was getting crazy with my S3 and now I have a new faster and smooth phone. It is like magic. I never had a S3 smooth like it is now.

    Samsung should correct this problem.

    Please let me know if it works for you.

    Good lucky.
    Please tell me how to turn off the movement sensor because I didn't find thing like this or is it the motion gestures. also how to turn off the SVoice??
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by RadoZ View Post
    also how to turn off the SVoice?
    Go to Settings -> More (if using the Tab view) -> Application manager, scroll to the ALL tab, scroll down until you find S Voice and select it, then select 'Turn off'.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Moving app to SD Card in Galaxy S4 is no 100% true
    By SSCC25 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 09:42 PM
  2. ROOTING ISSUES (Samsung Galaxy S 4g)
    By oreocakester in forum T-Mobile Vibrant Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 12:28 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 01:37 PM
  4. Help the volume on Voice Mail is too loud - Galaxy S4
    By Noreen MacMahon in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 05:31 PM
  5. ROOTING ISSUES (Samsung Galaxy S 4g)
    By oreocakester in forum Android 2.3 Gingerbread
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 02:57 PM

Posting Permissions