Network Failure - Download Failed

AJ Lee

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello all.

I have an annoying problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3. Every 5 minutes that the phone is not connected to Wi-Fi, it comes up with the message. "Network Failure. Download Failed. Wi-Fi disconnected. When Wi-Fi reconnects, download will restart" However, I am not downloading anything, I disabled automatic updates, my firmware is up to date, and I disabled ap updates. How can I stop this error? The only way I can stop the phone from constantly popping up with this "Network Error" is to be connected to Wi-Fi at all times, in which case the phone works normally.

The reason this is a problem is because this ridiculous error message pops up over the top of aps, so if playing a game, or browsing the web, it pops up over the top of it, causing issues with the ap or forcing it to close.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get rid of this error, or explain what the phone is even trying to download?

Thanks

Negril Shottas

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like your phone is trying and failing to download an update, the new stock ROM for your region probably.

If you don't want it to use all your mobile data plan then disable the Samsung firmware updater. To block the OTA update, Uninstall SDM 1.0
Backup SDM with titanium or Rom toolkit and then delete it. You won't be able to get OTA update anymore. To get titanium you have to root your S3 and to do that you have follow instruction in this link.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance