Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Drain 4.1.2

NotaTechy2

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Have you turned your phone off and back on again since you applied the update?

I applied the update to my S3 Mini last weekend and ever since then I had the battery draining problem. I'd have to leave the phone on the charger overnight then at least the charge would last til I got home. Yesterday I experimented to see how long the charge lasted and, sure enough, the battery went flat. I stuck it back on the charger at about 3am and it was recharged when I left for work this morning. Its now 6:30pm (I'm in Australia) and the battery still has 85% charge!

I'm guessing the phone need to be restarted for the update to work properly. (I remember reading during the update that I should restart the phone but I assumed the restart it did during the update covered that. But perhaps not.

Anyway, I hope this helps :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My S3 before I go to bed is at 50-60%,and when I wake up its at 5%???Please help me..
View attachment 78216

Hi. Have you turned your phone off and back on again since you applied the update?

I applied the update to my S3 Mini last weekend and ever since then I had the battery draining problem. I'd have to leave the phone on the charger overnight then at least the charge would last til I got home. Yesterday I experimented to see how long the charge lasted and, sure enough, the battery went flat. I stuck it back on the charger at about 3am and it was recharged when I left for work this morning. Its now 6:30pm (I'm in Australia) and the battery still has 85% charge!

I'm guessing the phone need to be restarted for the update to work properly. (I remember reading during the update that I should restart the phone but I assumed the restart it did during the update covered that. But perhaps not.

Anyway, I hope this helps :)

Welcome to the forums!
Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Tommy1491

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I also face this problem. My battery drains very fast. I have tried to find out which apps use the most battery but found nothing. I just bought my phone for only 2 months.

Posted Android Central App on Samsung Galaxy S III Mini

xtine1024

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I shut down all non-essential apps, put the thing in battery saving mode, replaced the battery, charged the battery overnight with the phone OFF, and I was *still* having battery drain problems. I read on another forum that replacing the SIM card helped someone else...and I did that today and...VOILA! It worked! Now I'm doing my happy dance. :)

sai potla

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Mineis still worst even though i am charging whole ni8, sometimes it is not charging at all yesterday when i am going to bed it is 15%, when i woke up in the morning also it is same 15% even though i had plugged in:(

Faultymango

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Mineis still worst even though i am charging whole ni8, sometimes it is not charging at all yesterday when i am going to bed it is 15%, when i woke up in the morning also it is same 15% even though i had plugged in:(

Mate. I'd recommend trying a different usb cable. The stock Samsung cable has only 4 contacts inside the micro usb. BUT if you get a different one (I used the usb cable from my HTC one) it'll most likely have 5 contacts. I think this may improve charging times. Give it a try and get back to us and tell us how it went.
Cheers!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 4

manowar669

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I shut down all non-essential apps, put the thing in battery saving mode, replaced the battery, charged the battery overnight with the phone OFF, and I was *still* having battery drain problems. I read on another forum that replacing the SIM card helped someone else...and I did that today and...VOILA! It worked! Now I'm doing my happy dance. :)

I read this on another thread about this problem. Do you get another SIM from your carrier? Mine is AT&T, will they do that?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Do you get another SIM from your carrier? Mine is AT&T, will they do that?
Assuming that your variant uses a SIM card (I've stopped trying to keep track of which models do and which ones don't), you should be able to get a replacement from any corporate store.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk