1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Drain 4.1.2

My S3 before I go to bed is at 50-60%,and when I wake up its at 5%???Please help me..
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Drain 4.1.2-screenshot_2013-08-27-13-06-03.png

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Drain 4.1.2

I use Battery Defender - works brilliantly

other battery apps are available

Hi. Have you turned your phone off and back on again since you applied the update?

I applied the update to my S3 Mini last weekend and ever since then I had the battery draining problem. I'd have to leave the phone on the charger overnight then at least the charge would last til I got home. Yesterday I experimented to see how long the charge lasted and, sure enough, the battery went flat. I stuck it back on the charger at about 3am and it was recharged when I left for work this morning. Its now 6:30pm (I'm in Australia) and the battery still has 85% charge!

I'm guessing the phone need to be restarted for the update to work properly. (I remember reading during the update that I should restart the phone but I assumed the restart it did during the update covered that. But perhaps not.

Anyway, I hope this helps :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Mihalic View Post
    My S3 before I go to bed is at 50-60%,and when I wake up its at 5%???Please help me..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-27-13-06-03.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	78216
    Your screen shot is showing a total of 22h 19m on Battery. This is really great battery life. I really don't see a problem.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram

Another alternative app:
    "Wakelock detector"
    You can monitor what is draining your battery when it is idle

Global Posts
    13,919 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Mihalic View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-27-13-06-03.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	78216
    Quote Originally Posted by NotaTechy2 View Post
    Hi. Have you turned your phone off and back on again since you applied the update?

I applied the update to my S3 Mini last weekend and ever since then I had the battery draining problem. I'd have to leave the phone on the charger overnight then at least the charge would last til I got home. Yesterday I experimented to see how long the charge lasted and, sure enough, the battery went flat. I stuck it back on the charger at about 3am and it was recharged when I left for work this morning. Its now 6:30pm (I'm in Australia) and the battery still has 85% charge!

I'm guessing the phone need to be restarted for the update to work properly. (I remember reading during the update that I should restart the phone but I assumed the restart it did during the update covered that. But perhaps not.

Anyway, I hope this helps :-)
    Welcome to the forums!
    Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I also face this problem. My battery drains very fast. I have tried to find out which apps use the most battery but found nothing. I just bought my phone for only 2 months.

Posted Android Central App on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

I shut down all non-essential apps, put the thing in battery saving mode, replaced the battery, charged the battery overnight with the phone OFF, and I was *still* having battery drain problems. I read on another forum that replacing the SIM card helped someone else...and I did that today and...VOILA! It worked! Now I'm doing my happy dance.

Angry Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Drain 4.1.2

Mineis still worst even though i am charging whole ni8, sometimes it is not charging at all yesterday when i am going to bed it is 15%, when i woke up in the morning also it is same 15% even though i had plugged in

Quote Originally Posted by sai potla View Post
    Mineis still worst even though i am charging whole ni8, sometimes it is not charging at all yesterday when i am going to bed it is 15%, when i woke up in the morning also it is same 15% even though i had plugged in
    Mate. I'd recommend trying a different usb cable. The stock Samsung cable has only 4 contacts inside the micro usb. BUT if you get a different one (I used the usb cable from my HTC one) it'll most likely have 5 contacts. I think this may improve charging times. Give it a try and get back to us and tell us how it went.
    Cheers!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 4