Galaxy s3 - Internal storage to SD Card - Assistance Required!

smiliemilie35

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I would really appreciate somebody's help - please! I know that this problem is not unique to me, yet I have not found any real conclusive instructions on how to do it, but like probably every S3 owner my internal phone memory is practically at full capacity now & I want to transfer apps to my 32gb sd card. But phone does not appear to have the capability to do it - so I am here asking my fellow Galaxy S3 nuts for advice! :confused: - Thank you in advance guys!

smiley!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would really appreciate somebody's help - please! I know that this problem is not unique to me, yet I have not found any real conclusive instructions on how to do it, but like probably every S3 owner my internal phone memory is practically at full capacity now & I want to transfer apps to my 32gb sd card. But phone does not appear to have the capability to do it - so I am here asking my fellow Galaxy S3 nuts for advice! :confused: - Thank you in advance guys!

smiley!

Ok, moving the apps to the SD card is not allowed on 4.0+, however, there is a new update from Samsung allowing this to happen. Here is the catch: Developers for the apps have to support the moving the app to the SD card. If they don't, it won't happen. If you need to clean up your device (which is always a good idea) I would remove any apps you don't use anymore, clean up text messages and picture messages, move phone pictures and videos to your SD card, or better yet, a PC, move any music to your SD card. Thos suggestions alone should free up a fair amount of space.

You can also clear the phone's cache in recovery. This will free up some space. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
You can also disable apps and remove updates. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ng-apps-galaxy-s3-tab-2-no-root-required.html

If I am unclear on anything, give a shout.