1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just Updated the new Software 4.1.2 and the phone is not working

Hi, i just updated the new software like Today, i'm in Panama and my cellphone is a GT-I9300, so i finished the update and now the phone is just not working, it keeps saying TouchWiz home has stopped, i can't get into settings, i can't use any apps (whats app, facebook, nothing) i already reboot the phone more than 10 times, already took out the battery, the phone is getting hot all the time, i think the main problem is TouchWiz home cause is poping the same message every min, what can i do???

Default Re: Just Updated the new Software 4.1.2 and the phone is not working

You could try a factory reset, but you will lose all your data. Copy and pasting the method here:

Turn the phone off.
    Press and hold VOLUME UP and Home(center) button
    Press Power until the phone vibrate
    Wait until you see the Android logo then release all the buttons.
    Select Wipe data/Factory reset with VOLUME DOWN, press Power (right hand-side)
    Select YES -- delete all user data with VOLUME DOWN and then press Power
    After format, press Power again to reboot phone. (select reboot system now)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thank you for answering...at this point i dont care losing my data i just need the phone to work, i have a question, do i have to press the volume up, home and power botton at the same time?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So i just did the Wipe data/factory reset and reboot the system, and now is saying Samsung Setup Wizard has stopped!!!!

You purchased this phone new, and it's not rooted/flashed with another ROM?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have no idea!!!!!! i purchased this phone with a cellphone company in my country like 7 months ago! is there something that i can do?