Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 dying after flashing Cyanogen Nightly

Well, my phone used to freeze a lot. I decided to flash Cyanogen yesterday. I tried several builds and ended up with the Nightly build (Android 4.3). This morning, the phone went black and wouldn't switch on any more. Any idea what could have caused that, and what I should try before sending it to Samsung? The warranty is over btw.

Global Posts
    7,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Galaxy S3 dying after flashing Cyanogen Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek Salama View Post
    Well, my phone used to freeze a lot. I decided to flash Cyanogen yesterday. I tried several builds and ended up with the Nightly build (Android 4.3). This morning, the phone went black and wouldn't switch on any more. Any idea what could have caused that, and what I should try before sending it to Samsung? The warranty is over btw.
    Is there any indication that the phone still charges? Can you boot up, even if it loops? Also, how long have you had it? Warranty is typically 1-year from purchase.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Galaxy S3 dying after flashing Cyanogen Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Is there any indication that the phone still charges? Can you boot up, even if it loops? Also, how long have you had it? Warranty is typically 1-year from purchase.
    Nope.. No indication of life. A friend tested the power circuit and said it drew current when he tried to power on the phone while it was connected to an external power source. Also the purchase was 13 months ago.. The warranty is over.

That's another thread I started: Hard Bricked International Galaxy S3