Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Some Questions!

- I have a GT-I9300 and i want to COMPLETELY erase the device and restore it to factory defaults, is that possible ? If so how please. (I know how to flash the stock ROM i just want a way to erase all contents in the device and all partitions before flashing)

- How can i diagnose the hardware of my phone (like my WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera etc ..) and check if they're working properly and optimally ? Including my battery ?

- What are the differences between stock ROM versions (for example there's a UK version of the stock, and Germany version) what are the differences and are there any advantages of using one over another ?

- And lastly, before 3 days i tried "DuBattery" and it messed my Battery up, now i can't recharge the phone normally it takes too long, and the Battery itself drains quickly.

Any tips and information will be appreciated guys.
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Some Questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Saad Sawash View Post
    - I have a GT-I9300 and i want to COMPLETELY erase the device and restore it to factory defaults, is that possible ? If so how please. (I know how to flash the stock ROM i just want a way to erase all contents in the device and all partitions before flashing)
    Two ways..

1. If your rooted then find and grab the device/region specific " tar " package and use Odin to flash the device back to bone stock. In the process of using Odin it will wipe the entire device clean.
    2. If your NOT rooted then you can log out/remove your Google accounts under Settings and then do a factory reset. When the device boots back up just don't log back into your Gmail/Google account and it will stay clean and clear of your personal stuff.

- How can i diagnose the hardware of my phone (like my WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera etc ..) and check if they're working properly and optimally ? Including my battery ?
    I know there is a bunch of good battery testing apps. Camera, WiFi should be easy enough to check yourself and if you have access to something BT.

- What are the differences between stock ROM versions (for example there's a UK version of the stock, and Germany version) what are the differences and are there any advantages of using one over another ?
    ROMs you have to be careful. ALWAYS make sure when you flash a custom ROM or use the factory firmware to reset your device that it matches your devices completely. Model/region and-or carrier specific. Wrong version can result in a nice paperweight.

- And lastly, before 3 days i tried "DuBattery" and it messed my Battery up, now i can't recharge the phone normally it takes too long, and the Battery itself drains quickly.
    Again check out some of the battery apps out there, many of the better ones have some good stats or diagnostics in them to test a battery out. Worst case your buying a new battery which wouldn't be unheard of.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    21,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Any tips and information will be appreciated guys.
    Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to the forums!
    Under Settings>Back up and Reset should be the factory reset option. Click that and you should be good to go. That should clear up the problem created by the battery app. As for totally wiping the phone, your own files will survive. Is that what you wanted?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the answers, i've fixed the bloody thing now

unfortunately,internet has stopped

Global Posts
    21,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by jahedulislamroney View Post
    unfortunately,internet has stopped
    Welcome to the forums. Is this a problem you have?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Unfortunately internet has stopped. I am using s3. Please help me a.s.a.p. thank u!

Posted via Android Central App