SGS 3 I9300 - My S3 Phone is "Soft bricked" and nothing I tried to resolve worked - Please help!

Jeanrick

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
SGS 3 I9300 - My S3 Phone is "Soft bricked" and nothing I tried to resolve worked - Please help!

Hi, I am new to this forum and need desperate help please.
I rooted my S3 phone and all was 100% thereafter, but then I ran NoBloat to remove some unwanted Apps, but I may have removed a required program, because my screen went blank and I get the following messages in succession: "Unfortunately messaging has stopped", "Unfortunately the process com.android has stopped", "smartcard service has failed" and "unfortunately the phone has stopped". I removed the battery, tried to flash the ROM again using the standard Samsung .tar file to restore to factory settings, but it made no difference. I am able to read the S3 files when linked to my Desktop and I can get it into download mode. I have run out of ideas and need help from the clever members.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: SGS 3 I9300 - My S3 Phone is "Soft bricked" and nothing I tried to resolve worked - Please help!

I rooted my S3 phone and all was 100% thereafter, but then I ran NoBloat to remove some unwanted Apps, but I may have removed a required program, because my screen went blank and I get the following messages in succession: "Unfortunately messaging has stopped", "Unfortunately the process com.android has stopped", "smartcard service has failed" and "unfortunately the phone has stopped". I removed the battery, tried to flash the ROM again using the standard Samsung .tar file to restore to factory settings, but it made no difference. I am able to read the S3 files when linked to my Desktop and I can get it into download mode. I have run out of ideas and need help from the clever members.

Welcome to the forums!
Where did you get the stock ROM files from?

Anil Kumar15

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: SGS 3 I9300 - My S3 Phone is "Soft bricked" and nothing I tried to resolve worked - Please help!

I have similar problems as discussed in the thread. some of the apps in my S3 is not working. It says unfortunately stopped working... My google play store, application manager, whatsapp etc are not working. As some of you suggested to clear cache, i am not even able to go to application manager to try that. not been able to delete google play store app. I have already tried the factory reset and the button reset as suggested by another forum. can someone please help me to reinstate my phone to original settings. I dont mind losing any data or apps. If someone know a solution, kindly give a step by step instructions so i can try accordingly. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Instead of download mode go to recovery mode and wipe cache, then do a factory reset. if no luck flash stock ROM using Odin 3.07 and do hard reset after flashing and initial set up. If stil no luck, fire up KIES and try "Emergency recovery"...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21