Galaxy S3 I9300 - help needed !!!

umairulhaq

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone..I bought a used galaxy s3 I9300 (Unlocked)... It was on ICS 4.0.4.. When i tried to update it via OTA, it said that your device is upto date... It was also not updating via Kies too.. So i flashed JB 4.1.2 via Odin.. After flashing, it got network problem.. It gave me error "Not registered on network, emergency calls only".. I took it to a local shop.. After 1hour, he repaired the software and now its working fine.. he told me that the problem was with IMEI number, so he repaired it... I think he used Ariza patch...

Now there are several problems i am facing..
1) Serial Number is 00000000000000
2) Device status is "Modified" due to which i cannot update it via OTA or KIES.. (Pictures are attached)

MY QUESTIONS ARE..
1)How can i get back my original serial number..
2) How can i change its status back to Normal so i can get the routine minor updates..

Note:- My I9300 is rooted.. My younger bro also has rooted s3 but he gets the updates normally and his device status is also Normal..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-13-21-03-51.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-13-21-03-51.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2013-10-13-21-03-44.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-13-21-03-44.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 9

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone..I bought a used galaxy s3 I9300 (Unlocked)... It was on ICS 4.0.4.. When i tried to update it via OTA, it said that your device is upto date... It was also not updating via Kies too.. So i flashed JB 4.1.2 via Odin.. After flashing, it got network problem.. It gave me error "Not registered on network, emergency calls only".. I took it to a local shop.. After 1hour, he repaired the software and now its working fine.. he told me that the problem was with IMEI number, so he repaired it... I think he used Ariza patch...

2) Device status is "Modified" due to which i cannot update it via OTA or KIES.. (Pictures are attached)

MY QUESTIONS ARE..
2) How can i change its status back to Normal so i can get the routine minor updates..

Note:- My I9300 is rooted.. My younger bro also has rooted s3 but he gets the updates normally and his device status is also Normal..

Welcome to the forums.
Rooting under normal circumstances blocks OTA updated from happening. Your brother was able to add a modification to change his status to Normal (which many OTAs look for). Typically, when you root, you accept that updating your device is up to you.

As for how to get your original serial number back, I do not know. You can try flashing a stock ROM via ODIN. That will unroot you and bring you up to date at the same time.

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

MY QUESTIONS ARE..

Did you have custom ROM? Get stock ROM which was originally shipped with the phone and flash it using Odin 3.07. after flashing do a hard reset either from Menu-Setteing or buttons combo...If no luck, put your phone to Download mode and use KIES Emergency Recovery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae