Google Maps doesn't say Street Names anymore
I'm a rather frustrated owner of an I9300 SGS3 (I live in Israel, using the phone on English [US] system language, and the same language on the Google TTS Engine which is the currently enabled TTS Engine).
My phone is running on stock JB4.1.2, unrooted, with Maps 7.3.0. I have an issue with Google Maps. Every time I factory reset the phone, it actually does read street names on its first operation (e.g. "Turn right onto Jerusalem Road", and Google Maps has Hebrew names written in English letters so it actually works).
Then, upon the next operation onwards, it only says "Turn right", "Turn left" etc. I've tried clearing cache and Data for both Maps and Google TTS Engine. I've tried reverting back to the stock version of Maps (didn't work either). Reinstalling the update. Nothing works!
What can I do to fix this issue? Please help me, I'm seriously desperate about it, and I REALLY don't like Waze.
Re: Google Maps doesn't say Street Names anymore
By the way, forgot to mention that - one of the tips I've found over the internet is switching the TTS engine, supposedly changing the narrator but effectively fixing the issue. While I didn't like the idea of switching the voice (I really got used to Google's American narrator), I tried to do that for the sake of fixing the issue, however the voice didn't change at all! And of course the issue persists. When I change it to either Samsung TTS or Ivona (which I had to download), the voice of Google Maps remains the same and the issue persists.
- By MarkMushakian in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 10-16-2013, 09:57 PM
- By dereksmagic in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-16-2013, 01:22 PM
- By Euan Tan in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 3Last Post: 10-16-2013, 10:17 AM
- By karsdroid in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear SmartwatchReplies: 1Last Post: 10-16-2013, 12:35 AM
- By karsdroid in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear SmartwatchReplies: 0Last Post: 10-15-2013, 10:27 PM