S3 Hangs and Kies does not support firmware initialisation. Help !

Asghar Musani

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Well its been a year since I've been using s3. Few days back i encountered with this freezing and hanging problem. Sometimes my phone would freeze while on any app (non-specific). Sometimes it does not wake up from the Standby mode. Always have to press the power button in order to restart it. I used Odin to reinstall the same firmware which i have. Didn't help.
The funny thing is i never flashed my s3 with Odin before and still Kies wont recognise my phone it says "Your Device's Current Firmware not supported to update via Kies". I know its got something to do with product code and all. I always updated my phone through Kies. YES ITS UNROOTED.

I never worried about Kies since i had jelly bean 4.1.2. I guess after this update Kies stopped recognising. Since i had the latest firmware I did not bother to post anywhere but after its been acting crazy I don't know what to do.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Device Info:
Model : GT-I9300
Android version : 4.1.2
Baseband Version : I9300XXELLA
Build Number : JZO54K.I9300XXEMA2

Info from *#1234*
AP : I9300XXEMA2
CP : I9300XXELLA
CSC : I9300OJVEMA1

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Well its been a year since I've been using s3. Few days back i encountered with this freezing and hanging problem. Sometimes my phone would freeze while on any app (non-specific). Sometimes it does not wake up from the Standby mode. Always have to press the power button in order to restart it. I used Odin to reinstall the same firmware which i have. Didn't help.
The funny thing is i never flashed my s3 with Odin before and still Kies wont recognise my phone it says "Your Device's Current Firmware not supported to update via Kies". I know its got something to do with product code and all. I always updated my phone through Kies. YES ITS UNROOTED.

I never worried about Kies since i had jelly bean 4.1.2. I guess after this update Kies stopped recognising. Since i had the latest firmware I did not bother to post anywhere but after its been acting crazy I don't know what to do.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Device Info:
Model : GT-I9300
Android version : 4.1.2
Baseband Version : I9300XXELLA
Build Number : JZO54K.I9300XXEMA2

Info from *#1234*

Hi, it may sound crazy, but my friend had same issue. He removed the battery put phone into plastic bag and placed the phone into fridge overnight. Then inserted battery and phone worked. Try "Emergency recovery" from KIES menu.. It helped me in the past, when I messed with my phone...

Asghar Musani

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Well it sounds crazy, indeed :p. Well kies does not support "Emergency Recovery" it says GT-I9300 does not support initialisation. How do i get rid of the "your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies". I guess it might solve that annoying freezes.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Well it sounds crazy, indeed :p. Well kies does not support "Emergency Recovery" it says GT-I9300 does not support initialisation. How do i get rid of the "your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies". I guess it might solve that annoying freezes.

i have been getting that message since i rooted my phone so i'm suprised you say your phone is unrooted

jesimhashmy

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
i'm receiving the same error message when trying to update via kies. did you solve your issue??
i'm also getting exact same output when i gave *#1234*
i compared build number and baseband number. even both of them are same.

I still cant solve my problem.. My phone is also unrooted. it is running android version 4.1.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36