Galaxy S3 I9300 - Slow and inefficent charging problem.

Akshay8ahl

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
I am having a problem with my s3. It takes twelve hours to charge to around 70% and this is not a "proper charge" it drains in minutes. This has happened ever since I charged it from the USB port of an aeroplane. I have tried charging it to the mains and another USB port but it still charges slowly/ineffectively. I'm not sure what I should do. Thank-you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi!
I am having a problem with my s3. It takes twelve hours to charge to around 70% and this is not a "proper charge" it drains in minutes. This has happened ever since I charged it from the USB port of an aeroplane. I have tried charging it to the mains and another USB port but it still charges slowly/ineffectively. I'm not sure what I should do. Thank-you.

Welcome to the forums.
There may be a fault in the cable or the battery now. Can you try a different charging cable? Any change you know someone to swap batteries with?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Esa,
That's hardly enough information:
- if you turn the phone completely off does it charge normally?
- how old is the phone?
- have you tried a different charger and cable?
- what else happened when this problem started?
- have you been able to try a different battery?
- does the micro-USB cable fit tightly in the phone?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Wayne5491

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I have an international non-rooted Galaxy S-III i9300, bought it in June. The charging has been unstable, as in sometimes it would charge up just fine while sometimes it even discharges when charging. I went to the Samsung service center and they gave me a new charger without checking my phone. The problem persists. I borrowed another charger from a friend and the same thing happens.

I came across an app in the XDA forum, Galaxy Charging Current. Tested it to realise that it's the phone problem, I had to keep reconnecting the charger to obtain an efficient charge. :\

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I have an international non-rooted Galaxy S-III i9300, bought it in June. The charging has been unstable, as in sometimes it would charge up just fine while sometimes it even discharges when charging. I went to the Samsung service center and they gave me a new charger without checking my phone. The problem persists. I borrowed another charger from a friend and the same thing happens.

I came across an app in the XDA forum, Galaxy Charging Current. Tested it to realise that it's the phone problem, I had to keep reconnecting the charger to obtain an efficient charge. :\

Have you had the recent 4.3 firmware upgrade? This has caused havoc with the international S3 I9300, battery life, charging and other issues. Samsung is working on a fix supposedly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

ABMabualrormarwan

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello my friend ..
To operate on a normal charge your phone and follow the sound as follows: -
1 - instead of cable and another cable must be Genuine (from. Samsung)
2 - working to upgrade your system to 4.3 platform (I9300OXAGMK6)
3 - Make a Root for your device and proved the following applications
A - appops
B - Greenify
C-1tap Cleaner
D - ZDbox
4 - do not charge your phone on lap top
5 - completely empty the battery from time to time and other

jacaju000

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
HI,

I have the same charging problem with my S3. The problem is happening after I updated it to 4.3 Firmware. Do you find any Solution?

Thanks

jacaju000

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello Roguetrader,

Yes I unfortunatly upgraded it to 4.3 firmware and because some problems on my cell phone I downgraded it to 4.1.2 but with the downgrade came the battery and charging issues. What can I do?

Thanks

Jeffery Lutge

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Check the prongs in the bottom of ur phone mine where bent to far down now I just bent them up gentle and I make shure not to shove my charger up side down

Posted via Android Central App

rodric

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
My phone started with the same charging problem after 1 year with the original chrager and usb cable, so I tried a BB charger and an Iphone charger (with a different usb cable) and both worked very good, now I use the BB charger.

Tom Caddick

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I had a very similar problem that is being discussed and followed most of the tips but without success.. (new adapter, battery, charge point etc etc)

I have now identified the problem and thought I would share..

1) get a pin
2) go under a strong light with your phone
3) clear all debris from the charge socket on the phone
4) using a pin place it inside the charge point and below what appears to be the connection point ( there is a small chip set looking thing inside the socket)
5) gently raise it with the pin by applying some pressure so that the connection point raises up slightly
6) connect and job done it should charge normally.

I think by using the chargers aggressively it bends the connection point within the socket and this causes the problem

if you have any questions I am happy to help as it was soooo frustrating and I want to help others before they spend money on fixes that probably wont work

newandroidguy

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes the blackberry charger would work really well in the phone and infact it had been my saviour after 4.3 and the horrible drainage. I am also a I9300 user and it is a pain. Firstly the original chargers take forever to charge then the battery drain with heavy usage. I got fed up, it was the black berry charger that saved me. I dunno about you guys but aap like the battery charger pro etc that are out there don't help at all. I don't find any change in the time it took to charge with the company made charger.

My sister just the I phone 5s. It's rate of charging is fantastic with 20% battery she gets a full charge on about 40 minutes. Yes the battery is less powerful but even then they could have been like ours.

Posted via Android Central App

adeelalam

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
My experience with genuine s3 charger is bad as well...they rnt good..i use my old samsung wave charger with nokiacable or the charger of sony xperia s(bith work unlike aamsung charger)...we also have samsung tab 3.7. Its charger is also perfect for s3..
I dont think that s3 genuine charger really gives 1 ampere as it says....tab charger is made for 2A(bcoz it is supposed to charge a bigger battery which is i think 4400mah) and one sees that it charges at the fastest rate. Then come xperia s 0,5 a charger along with wave charger.
btw those who have micro usb chargers from other phones can try them...that must work

chaingangritesh

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
My phone is suddenly charging slow since yesterday dunno how :/ I use BlackBerry charger too because Samsung one is too slow. Dunno why phone is chasing so slow inspite of using same charge point same charger ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app