Galaxy S3 Repair Issues

anon232

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys new fella here!
I'd accidentally dropped my galaxy s3 on my tour to a beach in the sea!!!
Initially the touchscreen stopped responding,so I immediately turned my phone off and after letting it dry for a day,I turned it on.
Everything seemed normal until the screen started turning black although the touchscreen was perfectly functional.
Now I've given it to the service center and they are saying that they'll have to change the motherboard an even then there may be problems in future.
What should I do?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Depending on the price to get it fixed it maybe worth just cutting your loses and claiming store or carrier insurance/warranty on it if available. Water damage is hard to predict what it can do to a device on the short or long term.

Again I'd consider your repair estimate at this point and then start considering what the price of a replacement S3 or S4.

anon232

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Depending on the price to get it fixed it maybe worth just cutting your loses and claiming store or carrier insurance/warranty on it if available. Water damage is hard to predict what it can do to a device on the short or long term.

Again I'd consider your repair estimate at this point and then start considering what the price of a replacement S3 or S4.
Hmm guess I'll just dump it and buy a new one as I think the cost of repair may eventually catch up to the price of the phone

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah tough decision to make I'm sure. I know you start talking internals like motherboard or new screen digitizers your quickly getting up in price.