- 1 Posts
Bought new rooted Galaxy S3 i9300 donīt know what to do (noob) please help
Hey guys I just bought a friends S3 and recently found out it had already been rooted (It has SuperSU) the thing is Iīm pretty scared about bricking it so I havenīt messed around with it much, I only downloaded a couple of apps off the google play store. I need some help with the basics (roms, emulators, how to update firmwares, etc) and is it possible to download everything straight to the phone or do I have to do everything by computer? Iīm really lost. I want to take advantage of the phones capabilities as Iīve heard there are apps which help you boost the phones internet speed, among other things. Also Iīm currently living in Bolivia and on the VIVA(nuevatel) network. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks
Here are the specs:
Model number - GT-I9300
Android version - 4.1.2
kernel version - 3.0.31 - 566833
- 10-31-2013, 06:16 PM #2
- 3,037 Posts
- 10-31-2013, 06:28 PM #3
- 259 Posts
Re: Bought new rooted Galaxy S3 i9300 donīt know what to do (noob) please help
It always makes me cringe when I hear of someone who isn't familiar with rooting, buying an already rooted device.
I wouldn't do anything without reading up first. The quickest way to brick your phone and render it useless is to flash a Rom that's not specifically made for your model S3.
As for apps, you can download whatever you want directly from the Play Store.
Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions.
- By ksmoove2 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 11-12-2013, 03:27 PM
- By retired05 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 10-31-2013, 03:25 PM
- By TDC_Tom in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 0Last Post: 10-31-2013, 11:19 AM
- By Insane2o9 in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 0Last Post: 10-31-2013, 11:18 AM
- By kleitos in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inchReplies: 0Last Post: 10-31-2013, 11:11 AM