Galaxy S3 keeps crashing app manager in safe and normal mode

AznDude Tran

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi im trying to clear the app cache using the app manager in settings.it opens ok but when i scroll down to the app it freezes and restarts settings i booted in safe mode and it happens as well what can i do to fix this?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache. If that doesn't help then a Factory Reset is in order.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

AznDude Tran

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi thx for the reply my phone isnt rooted yet so its not a simple step to get into recovery mode ? did a search and i read that i need to install the Android SDK on my pc first ?.I was able to boot into safe mode by pressing both the up and down vol keys.Is the Safe mode and recovery mode any different for troubleshooting? How do i clear the system cache ? In safe mode Applications manager keeps crashing when i scroll down to view the apps info I can press menu and the options sort by size and reset app preferences appear.I cant find clear system cache.Do i need to use an app to clear the system cache ?
Thanks in advance

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can only clear the system cache in Recovery mode.

To enter Recovery mode, turn the phone completely off, then press and hold the Volume Up and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen.

Once the phone is in Recovery mode, use the Volume rockers to navigate the UI and the Power button to select an item.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

AznDude Tran

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Got it started in recovery mode thanks heaps ! clear partition cache and rebooted.app manager still crashes gonna back everything up , root and wipe everything clean !
Much appeaciated for the help !!
You can only clear the system cache in Recovery mode.

To enter Recovery mode, turn the phone completely off, then press and hold the Volume Up and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen.

Once the phone is in Recovery mode, use the Volume rockers to navigate the UI and the Power button to select an item.