Back up and Restore HELP!!!

Sonja Strydom

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have copied my entire phone memory to PC (without using KIES), did a factory reset and copied data from PC into a separate folder into my phone memory again. All my app data is now on my phone but my apps are not restoring or not picking up this data. What can I do?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
First of all, pasting the information into a separate directory isn't going to work - the app data has to be in the specific directory that it came out of.

The Google Play Store has a setting that determines if apps automatically install after performing something like a Factory Reset - I think you have to go up to the website to modify that value.

It's too bad that you didn't ask for help before performing the Factory Reset - you should have used something like Helium: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup to backup both the apps and app data.

Finally, the Kies software is the best way to backup your SMS/MMS (and also allows you to backup your contacts, pictures/videos, call logs and most TouchWiz settings).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4