ROM recommendations for I9300

Orlan2

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody

I have been expecting and waiting great things form the 4.3 update to the I9300 S3, but I have been reading it has too many bugs and poor battery life, so I decided to stay on 4.1.2, recently I?ve decided that I want to change to a better rom than the stock one on the phone, but the camera quality will decrease a lot if I change to CM, plus the stability won?t be as good as a stock ROM, or so I believe, so I was wondering if there is the possibility that a hybrid ROM between AOSP and Touchwiz exists, since there are certain things I like from Touchwiz, like the camera app, and how the phone handles in certain tasks, but for example I hate TW dialer, is slow and laggy overall, I rather have the AOSP dialer, is way cleaner, easier to use and faster, so is there any ROM similar to my dream? Or is it too much to ask?

If not I would be more than glad to receive some recommendations for TW based ROMs

Thanks in advance :D

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody

I have been expecting and waiting great things form the 4.3 update to the I9300 S3, but I have been reading it has too many bugs and poor battery life, so I decided to stay on 4.1.2, recently I’ve decided that I want to change to a better rom than the stock one on the phone, but the camera quality will decrease a lot if I change to CM, plus the stability won’t be as good as a stock ROM, or so I believe, so I was wondering if there is the possibility that a hybrid ROM between AOSP and Touchwiz exists, since there are certain things I like from Touchwiz, like the camera app, and how the phone handles in certain tasks, but for example I hate TW dialer, is slow and laggy overall, I rather have the AOSP dialer, is way cleaner, easier to use and faster, so is there any ROM similar to my dream? Or is it too much to ask?

If not I would be more than glad to receive some recommendations for TW based ROMs

Check out galaxys3 root.com. The guy does reviews with videos so you get a small glimpse at what the ROM looks like without actually flashing it.

Orlan2

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Check out galaxys3 root.com. The guy does reviews with videos so you get a small glimpse at what the ROM looks like without actually flashing it.
I've checked there but it seems that what im looking for doesn't exists, lol! i'll look forward for more to see if i find what could be the ultimate rom for me

thanks again.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've checked there but it seems that what im looking for doesn't exists, lol! i'll look forward for more to see if i find what could be the ultimate rom for me

thanks again.

I looked over everything you posted the first time again. I am not sure if you can have a hybrid like that. You need a TW ROM to use Samsung apps, and I am not totally sure you can run AOSP apps on a TW ROM.

hsding

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody

I have been expecting and waiting great things form the 4.3 update to the I9300 S3, but I have been reading it has too many bugs and poor battery life, so I decided to stay on 4.1.2, recently I’ve decided that I want to change to a better rom than the stock one on the phone, but the camera quality will decrease a lot if I change to CM, plus the stability won’t be as good as a stock ROM, or so I believe, so I was wondering if there is the possibility that a hybrid ROM between AOSP and Touchwiz exists, since there are certain things I like from Touchwiz, like the camera app, and how the phone handles in certain tasks, but for example I hate TW dialer, is slow and laggy overall, I rather have the AOSP dialer, is way cleaner, easier to use and faster, so is there any ROM similar to my dream? Or is it too much to ask?

Take a look at this DroidViews | Best Custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 [2013 Edition]
I guess the most nearest to your requirement is "3. UltimaROM" ...
Nexus 4 launcher
Galaxy Note II Keyboard
Galaxy Note II Camera (Jobnik)​

btw, currently I am using Revolution HD v32. At least it use less memory (my own opinion) compare to others ROM so far i had tried like OMEGA, SlimROM, CM, Stock 4.2.2 and etc.

Orlan2

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at this DroidViews | Best Custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 [2013 Edition]
I guess the most nearest to your requirement is "3. UltimaROM" ...
Nexus 4 launcher
Galaxy Note II Keyboard
Galaxy Note II Camera (Jobnik)​

btw, currently I am using Revolution HD v32. At least it use less memory (my own opinion) compare to others ROM so far i had tried like OMEGA, SlimROM, CM, Stock 4.2.2 and etc.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, i think you are right that the ultima rom might be what im looking for, i'll give it a try to see how it goes with my needs.

I looked over everything you posted the first time again. I am not sure if you can have a hybrid like that. You need a TW ROM to use Samsung apps, and I am not totally sure you can run AOSP apps on a TW ROM.

I've read the same, that they don't go along at all, but i don't remember where, but i do recall to have seen a thread that said that the TW camera was ported to AOSP, so i might go and search for that as well.

hsding

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
TW Camera (4.0.3 version i guess) was ported to MIUI stable version as well.
Tested MIUI, I like but also hate it with the high memory usage.

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
There is another alternative. I use the stock ROM but use the Nova Prime launcher. I find that it has better options for customisation than TW. ;-)

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

Find me on Twitter @Ichi_Bear

hsding

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
for Launcher, i always use Nova. feel comfortable with that :) ... even i use in my Nexus 7, I still use Nova.
i also use Pie Control which from Coolace.

Orlan2

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
There is another alternative. I use the stock ROM but use the Nova Prime launcher. I find that it has better options for customisation than TW. ;-)

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

Find me on Twitter @Ichi_Bear

for Launcher, i always use Nova. feel comfortable with that :) ... even i use in my Nexus 7, I still use Nova.
i also use Pie Control which from Coolace.

I already use Nova Launcher, but like i state before im starting to hate the TW dialer, which is really slow, and i don't like the way it manages the call logs at all, it takes too much time in order to search for a contact, so IMO is the worst dialer I've ever used, if i could find a port of the entire phone and contacts app from AOSP i would be more than happy to use it to replace TW contacts and dialer.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
A search for 'dialer' in the Google Play Store returned hundreds of matches - perhaps you'll find one that meets your needs.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Orlan2

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
A search for 'dialer' in the Google Play Store returned hundreds of matches - perhaps you'll find one that meets your needs.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

i'll give it a try to that :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech