Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation S3 with android 4.3 multi window does not work anymore

I had my upgarde to android 4.3 last week from 4.1.2. The multi-window was working without any problem.

After upgarding to 4.3, it does not work anymore. I select the function from the settings menu but the tag for multi window on the left side of the screen does not appear at all.

In the settings, I can see that the multi-window option is thicked but no result

any idea? anyone having same problem?

Default Re: S3 with android 4.3 multi window does not work anymore

Did you perform a Factory Reset after the OTA? If not, you should consider it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks a lot for the info.

No i did not. I do not how to do that ( is that volume-up +home+on/off buttons) and also afraid of losing my data on the phone. What to do? Do I need to backup before? Do you know a good backup app?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If you perform a Factory Reset you will lose your data (the phone will be like it was when you took it out of the box), except for anything saved on your SD card or synced with the cloud. I recommend the following for easy backup/restore:
    1. Kies software on your PC. You can backup your contacts, call logs, SMS/MMS, pictures/videos and TouchWiz settings.
    2. Cloud Drive: http://market.android.com/details?id...uddrive.photos allows you to automatically backup your pictures/videos to the cloud (5GB free)
    Helium: http://market.android.com/details?id...ikdutta.backup allows you to backup your apps and app data

If you don't like the 4.3 behavior you could probably revert to 4.1.2 using the Kies software on your PC. I'm guessing that Samsung has pulled 4.3 so 4.1.2 should be available again. If you want to try this let me know and I'll give you instructions.

Finally, to perform a Factory Reset (after backing up your information) you can either boot into Recovery mode and do it there or you can go to Settings -> Back up and reset -> Factory data reset.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by android74 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the info.

No i did not. I do not how to do that ( is that volume-up +home+on/off buttons) and also afraid of losing my data on the phone. What to do? Do I need to backup before? Do you know a good backup app?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    I had same problem after 4.3 upgrade its because you have easy screen mode set to on you need to use standard mode and it will work. Its a bug in 4.3 as is the problem of smart stay staying on that some people are getting hope this helps

Posted via Android Central App on my s3 GT 19300
    Thanked by 3:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I checked my screen mode and It was standard too.

I did hard reset and the issue is solved. I can have the multi window tag working.

Thanks

I had exactly the same problem. Put my phone on easy mode then put it back to standard and my multi window now works.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

This worked on my Note ll as well. I had to change the screen mode to starter mode, save, back to standard mode, save then disable and re-enable multi window and the tab popped up.

One other thing that may work is if you hold the return button on the phone down for several seconds it turns multi window on and off.
    Thanked by:

Great advice. Checked out another site before this one and the only option was to reset to factory settings. Very discouraged. Changed from easy mode to standard mode and the multi window setting is enabled and functional. I have samsung galaxy note 2 lte. Many thanks
    Last edited by mcdogsilly; 01-03-2014 at 05:49 AM. Reason: include phone information

[SOLVED]
    +1...
    Thanks very much, this also has resolved issues for me, as someone previously mentioned set to easy mode then back to standard mode.
    Goto:
    Settings > > Device > > Home Screen Mode > > (Set to easy mode and choose accept to apply the changes, then do the same to switch back to standard mode)

Thanks again for the advice.
    Thanked by:
    kihh 

The home screen should be in standard mode for multi window to work after the 4.3 update.

Sometimes it looks so difficult, when it is not!

After the upgrade, your system changes the display from "Standard" mode to an other mode. Go to Display, select the Standard mode and thats it.

You can also call the Samsung helpdesk that will answer your question.

I hope youll find it useful.

Have a nice multi screen use.

Quote Originally Posted by android74 View Post
    I had my upgarde to android 4.3 last week from 4.1.2. The multi-window was working without any problem.

After upgarding to 4.3, it does not work anymore. I select the function from the settings menu but the tag for multi window on the left side of the screen does not appear at all.

In the settings, I can see that the multi-window option is thicked but no result

any idea? anyone having same problem?
    Just tap and hold the back button and it will appear.