[Solved] SGS3 Can't boot into OS or Recovery, doesn't show up in kies or Odin in Download

Nathan H

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
I have a rooted, stock ROM i9300 that's been rooted since I bought it just under a year ago, my issue being that after suddenly receiving a lot of sex related spam, up to 20 messages a day, through ChatOn I decided I wanted rid of it, I used Titanium Backup's removal glitch to rid myself of the app.
After the phone powered off in the process of the removal it wouldn't reboot, displaying the white Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with a small red exclamation mark n the top left hand of the screen until I powered it off, upon being powered off using the power button it would just reboot again and hang at the same screen indefinitely.
Having done a lot of reading up on the situation I tried to flash my carrier, Orange's stock rom or the i9300, however when in download mode no matter what I did my phone would neither show up in Odin or Kies.
So far I have tried every single USB port on my PC, reinstalled Samsung Drivers several times through the Samsung Website and Kies' troubleshooting system to be given this: http://puu.sh/5Giom.png.

So if it's possible I'd love a solution to my problems with the phone and USB drivers, or if my phone's hard bricked, which I'm not sure of, to be told so I can try get my phone replaced on my contract.

Thanks,
Nathan

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: SGS3 Can't boot into OS or Recovery, doesn't show up in kies or Odin in Download

Hey guys,
I have a rooted, stock ROM i9300 that's been rooted since I bought it just under a year ago, my issue being that after suddenly receiving a lot of sex related spam, up to 20 messages a day, through ChatOn I decided I wanted rid of it, I used Titanium Backup's removal glitch to rid myself of the app.
After the phone powered off in the process of the removal it wouldn't reboot, displaying the white Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with a small red exclamation mark n the top left hand of the screen until I powered it off, upon being powered off using the power button it would just reboot again and hang at the same screen indefinitely.
Having done a lot of reading up on the situation I tried to flash my carrier, Orange's stock rom or the i9300, however when in download mode no matter what I did my phone would neither show up in Odin or Kies.
So far I have tried every single USB port on my PC, reinstalled Samsung Drivers several times through the Samsung Website and Kies' troubleshooting system to be given this: http://puu.sh/5Giom.png.

So if it's possible I'd love a solution to my problems with the phone and USB drivers, or if my phone's hard bricked, which I'm not sure of, to be told so I can try get my phone replaced on my contract.

Thanks,
Nathan
Welcome to the forums.
Look for any updated drivers. I think Samsung has them on their website. Download install, and restart the PC. Then try a different cable and then different USB ports.

Nathan H

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: SGS3 Can't boot into OS or Recovery, doesn't show up in kies or Odin in Download

Welcome to the forums.
Look for any updated drivers. I think Samsung has them on their website. Download install, and restart the PC. Then try a different cable and then different USB ports.

I just downloaded Samsung's most recent drivers again, which failed to install with the same errors as shown in the screenshot in the OP, tried restarting my PC 2 times and used 3 different cables to no avail.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Going to be honest, I am not sure what to suggest.

From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.

Nathan H

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

It just solved it's self, I decided to leave my phone plugged in on Download mode for about 10 minutes and after 10 minutes a popup displayed telling me that my device driver had installed successfully at which point my phone appeared in ODIN and I was able to flash a stock ROM and my phone has been fixed with all apps, app data, contacts and other user data completely intact.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz