1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notification sounds.

I have a S3 running android 4.1.2. I have only returned from the USA on Saturday so I missed the superb new update!!!! Whilst in the USA our two Nexus 7 2013 upgraded to android 4.4 and we do not seem to have any problems (so far).

On my S3, under Settings/Sound/Notifications I see that it is set to silent. However at odd times of the day and night I sometimes get a single very shrill bell sound and at other times I get a "phut phut" sound. Any ideas what these are for and how I can get rid of them?

I'm sorry that I am unable to express the phut phut sound more realistically.

(i modified post to make it clear that I am having problems with the S3.- the reference to the Nrxus was just a note referring to the upgrade to 4.4)
    Last edited by David Chapple; 12-09-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Default Re: Notification sounds.

Welcome to Android Central! You're referring to your S3, not the Nexus 7, right? If you look through this forum (and others), you'll probably notice a lot of threads about problems with recent system updates to various Samsung devices, so this might be part of it. Try clearing the system cache partition by booting into Recovery Mode as described here: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Notification sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by David Chapple View Post
    at odd times of the day and night I sometimes get a single very shrill bell sound and at other times I get a "phut phut" sound.
    There aren't any notifications that show up in the Status bar or Notification area when these sounds occur?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4