1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Storage goes full itself

Hi guys,

So, I've had my phone for over a year now and about a month ago it warned me I had less than 5% storage, which was not true as I went to see the storage information and the sum of all my applications and miscellaneous files was less than 3gb as I use an external storage for videos, photos and music.

Anyway, I reset my phone back then and it worked at first, but after 2 weeks I had no storage again, I reset the phone again and it's been only 5 days and I've already got less than 15% storage available again.

Does anyone know what I could do? Is there a solution or should I just get rid of the phone?

Here's a screenshot of my storage info:

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Storage goes full itself

It's certainly not clear from your screenshot WHAT is using up your storage, but it is showing less than 2GB remaining, and Android phones don't like it when so little cache space is available.

It's pretty common for certain apps (Google Music; news readers; map apps) to use a huge amount of internal memory for offline cache/data (I saw one app that used 9GB!) so you may want to see if you're using anything like that. Go into Settings -> Application manager, press the Menu button and select 'Sort by size', then see if any apps are using an inordinate amount of space.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi Gsder,

So I've just done what you said and the app using the most storage is only using 187mb, it's like the phone "thinks" I'm using storage that I'm not, and the space available decrease every hour, it's even less than when I took the screenshot now and I haven't downloaded anything or taken any picture...

Thanks anyway...

Well, you're going to have to do this the hard way. Unfortunately, the size information doesn't include the space used by the cache (just the app and the app data). You'll have to open each suspect app and look at the cache sizes, or install a cache cleaner (ex. ) and run it - if that clears up your storage issue then you know that there's a 3rd party app causing the problem. (I don't remember offhand if Clean Master showed the cache size of each offender.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah man,

Clean master shows I've got 5mb of cache only, I even tried another cache cleaner and nothing. I had a look at Google maps to see if I had downloaded any offline map and nothing.

I'm assuming this is a kind of virus or something, it just keeps getting less free space every time I check.

I had a look online and found no one with a similar problem...

If anyone has gone through something similar please help, I love this phone, don't wanna get rid of it :/

Try uninstalling Facebook. Let us know if it helps.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by gabrieldpg View Post
    I'm assuming this is a kind of virus or something
    It's a possibility - do you sideload apps from sources other than Amazon? You could install an antivirus app from the Google Play Store and see if it identifies anything.

You could try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache (different than all of the app caches that you cleaned).

Also, try unmounting the SD card and see what happens.

Finally, boot into Safe mode and see if the same information is shown.

Yeah man,

Clean master shows I've got 5mb of cache only, I even tried another cache cleaner and nothing. I had a look at Google maps to see if I had downloaded any offline map and nothing.

I'm assuming this is a kind of virus or something, it just keeps getting less free space every time I check.

I had a look online and found no one with a similar problem...

If anyone has gone through something similar please help, I love this phone, don't wanna get rid of it :/

Here's a thought, do you have a podcasts app that may be downloading a bunch of podcasts without you knowing you set it to? I had an app doing this and discovered it 2 or 3 weeks ago. I also couldn't figure out what was taking up so much space suddenly, and I forgot about that.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

So, not the podcasts too

I've just rooted my phone and reset it, the storage is ok now, I'll let you know if it stays this way...

Thanked by:

and reset it, the storage is ok now
    I'm guessing it'll be ok until you reinstall whatever app was causing the problem. I don't think rooting was any part of the solution. YMMV.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Fyi, it didn't work.