Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Stock Messaging app is laggy

    Hello, I tried importing my old messages from sgs2 to sgs3. I noticed that the stock messaging app in my sgs3 is a bit laggy on scrolling long threads unlike in my sgs2 which is smooth.

    I downloaded a third party messaging app at google play and it is also smooth...

    Is there a way to repair the default messaging app?
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,475 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,554 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Stock Messaging app is laggy

    Welcome to Android Central
    Unfortunately, the lag is there because of TouchWiz. Samsung needs to fix this kind of stuff...
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Stock Messaging app is laggy

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Welcome to Android Central
    Unfortunately, the lag is there because of TouchWiz. Samsung needs to fix this kind of stuff...
    I see. I wonder how long its going to take before they fix it...

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,475 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,554 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Stock Messaging app is laggy

    They won't fix the GS3

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  5. #5  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,571 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Stock Messaging app is laggy

    Quote Originally Posted by hvelgermir View Post
    I see. I wonder how long its going to take before they fix it...

    Posted via Android Central App
    You can try to reboot into recovery and clear cache. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

    From a Sprint Moto X using the AC Forums app.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Stock Messaging app is laggy

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    They won't fix the GS3

    Posted via Android Central App
    Just great...

    But still Im hoping the next firmware rollout might do the trick...

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Stock Messaging app is laggy

    I have tried it. Even a complete factory reset did not solve the issue.

    I think I'll just use another sms app for this...

    Thanks for the reply everyone...

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Stock Messaging app is laggy

    Quote Originally Posted by hvelgermir View Post
    the stock messaging app in my sgs3 is a bit laggy on scrolling long threads
    How long are these threads?

    Have you tried Settings -> Developer options, then setting 'Window animation scale' , 'Transition animation scale' and 'Animator duration scale' to Off?

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Stock Messaging app is laggy

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    How long are these threads?

    Have you tried Settings -> Developer options, then setting 'Window animation scale' , 'Transition animation scale' and 'Animator duration scale' to Off?

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    I have about 3.5k messages all-in-all.

    The longest thread having about 288 message. Yes I have tried it, still it is a bit laggy.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Clock App
    By lterry913 in forum Verizon Droid DNA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 07:11 PM
  2. No Alarm when Sound is Off
    By Tealfreak in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-16-2013, 11:18 AM
  3. Kindle App went crazy...
    By jmgilliam in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 04:24 PM
  4. Samsung Galaxy S3 is not recognizing my SD card.. HELP!
    By jrhunt in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 11:56 PM
  5. Moving apps to memory card
    By Dan Abizzy in forum HTC One V
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 10:34 PM

Posting Permissions

B