1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question update frozen phone

a software update appeared on my s3 so i clicked for it to update. it said device needs to restart so i clicked restart now.. the device showed the little robot and a loading screen then restarted. then i though it was about to load up and is now stuck on the SAMSUNG screen with a blue light. it turns on and off and restarts but wont go furthur than this screen?

can i fix it without losing everything off my phone?

Global Posts
    13,913 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: update frozen phone

Quote Originally Posted by sammiejayne13 View Post
    a software update appeared on my s3 so i clicked for it to update. it said device needs to restart so i clicked restart now.. the device showed the little robot and a loading screen then restarted. then i though it was about to load up and is now stuck on the SAMSUNG screen with a blue light. it turns on and off and restarts but wont go furthur than this screen?

can i fix it without losing everything off my phone?
    You can try to clear cache in recovery. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here