4.3 Android update

2shortplanks

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello Guys,
Anyone know if it is possible to uninstall the latest update? Somehow this phone has automatically updated overnight, even though the "update automatically" was left unchecked. Everything has now changed on the phone, the buttons are in different places, screens are all different and I have to say what a load of bollocks it is. It is like using a completely different phone. Release updates of course, but how come it has installed automatically when as already stated the check box was empty? One thing that really pisses me off with Samsung and android, is that when an update is released all hell is let loose. Why does an update have to change all the buttons, screens etc? Update the software, OK, but why change the user experience so much?
I know it is probably impossible to uninstall this update, maybe unless the phone is rooted, so thanks to Samsung and android we have to live with this f*****g rubbish. Even the basic clock has changed, f*****g hell, come on Samsung, before making all these changes, at least give us the option if we want it or not?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't think any attempt to downgrade will be possible with 4.3, Knox will block them because it's a "security issue"

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

2shortplanks

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I get used to a phone working in a certain way. Then all of a sudden, without permission the phone has completely changed, and, in my impression for the worst. All I want to do is return the phone to the way it worked yesterday, not the crap that is on it today. I would be intrigued to know how this update happened without permission? I always thought upgrades were supposed to enhance user experience, not change beyond recognition.

Posted via Android Central App

SurreyTechnophobe

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm also unhappy with the upgrade as it's wiped a load of my files! They're all showing up on the computer but I can't find them on the phone. It was done overnight so wasnt able to backup files with Kies beforehand.

dennissr4

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
i have this with alot of my music, found it somewhere in 'My Documents' though, but now I can't play them while Whatsapping and stuff, I have to keep My Documents open. some bullsh*t right there

Sonny1967

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
None of my personal settings were changed after updating. All buttons and screens are as they were. I just had some new settings and better options. I like the update a lot. I feel as if I got a better phone now. It sounds like you had some sort of mishap or something your carrier may have had something to do with. Very unfortunate :-(

Posted with A Galaxy S3 Using the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463