1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 is very, very slow

Hello,

I bought my S3 about a year ago. It was perfect until about a month ago when it started to slow down. It's not a temporary freezing or something, but rather a permanent case.

The whole device is slow. Booting, launching applications, menu, widgets, swiping response, messages... basically everything. The device is not rooted.

My ram usage is always very high despite not having any active applications & clearing memory multiple times (Check the attachments).

I've tried some solutions but nothing worked, here's what I tried to do anyway:
    - Clearing the memory. (Check the attachments)
    - Rebooting the device in recovery mode & wiping the cache.
    - Updating software. (Check the attachments)
    - Deactivating Power saving mode. (Check the attachments)

I'd be very grateful to anyone who gives me a solution to this annoying problem. I'd also like to know if anyone encountered the same issue.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S3 is very, very slow-screenshot_2013-12-24-16-13-13.png   Galaxy S3 is very, very slow-screenshot_2013-12-24-16-15-06.png   Galaxy S3 is very, very slow-screenshot_2013-12-24-16-16-27.png   Galaxy S3 is very, very slow-screenshot_2013-12-24-16-20-28.png  

Default Re: Galaxy S3 is very, very slow

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Moatamed View Post
    Hello,

I bought my S3 about a year ago. It was perfect until about a month ago when it started to slow down. It's not a temporary freezing or something, but rather a permanent case.

The whole device is slow. Booting, launching applications, menu, widgets, swiping response, messages... basically everything. The device is not rooted.

My ram usage is always very high despite not having any active applications & clearing memory multiple times (Check the attachments).

I've tried some solutions but nothing worked, here's what I tried to do anyway:
    - Clearing the memory. (Check the attachments)
    - Rebooting the device in recovery mode & wiping the cache.
    - Updating software. (Check the attachments)
    - Deactivating Power saving mode. (Check the attachments)

I'd be very grateful to anyone who gives me a solution to this annoying problem. I'd also like to know if anyone encountered the same issue.

Thanks
    I have heard this complaint a few times. So rest assured you are not alone. I am not sure what the problem is. I have a Nexus 7 that suffered from that and has since gotten better after the update that provided TRIM support. Can that be a problem on the S3?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Default Re: Galaxy S3 is very, very slow

Have you tried and app called Clean Master (Icon of a yellow & blue brush) in Google Play. It's good for giving your device a good spring clean. Give it a try. It might help 😉

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk