1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Typing History not working for prompts after upgrade to 4.3 in any keyboard

Hello all,

"nervous newbie" asks: My Personal Typing History stopped working.when the OS upgraded to 4.3, which it did automatically with no warning. This feature is very useful to me as I work in a variety of locations and retype my whereabouts many times in a a week, it saves a lot of time to more or less auto type these before driving to the next destination. .
    I cleaned the app cache thinking it would reset and start again from scratch but neither that nor anything else worked. So I thought I'd try other keyboards

I settled on Kii which seems to offer lots of functionality and has a handful of Personal Typing History settings. However, even set at "very aggressive" I am still getting nothing.

Is there something about the OS upgrade that could have caused this?

Thanks in advance,
    Izstra

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Typing History not working for prompts after upgrade to 4.3 in any keyboard

I would say give the app some time. It needs to learn you preferences and habits. However, if it doesn't seem to work to your expectations, many users here like Swiftkey. The word prediction is almost scary.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Typing History not working for prompts after upgrade to 4.3 in any keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I would say give the app some time. It needs to learn you preferences and habits. However, if it doesn't seem to work to your expectations, many users here like Swiftkey. The word prediction is almost scary.
    Thanks Golfdriver, but no keyboard is predicting anything from my personal typing history.

Go to settings my device press language and input then into Samsung key board and make sure that predicted text is turned on that may help

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    izstra 

My predictive texting also abruptly stopped working and is not relearning my habits at all. I have ensured predictive features are turned on. Anyone know what to do with this? it worked really well up until recently.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Miller14 View Post
    Go to settings my device press language and input then into Samsung key board and make sure that predicted text is turned on that may help

Thanks, it didn't I'm afraid. I eventually got Swiftkey to work - not Samsung or Kii - not by doing anything different, it just worked. Not that I mind Swiftkey, but it's strange the others stopped after the OS upgrade.

Glad you fixed it I use swift key also