1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Help, with black screen of death :(

Hiya everyone,

I really hope you can help me, my phone died, then because i was waiting for a text to come though i turned on the phone, and yeah it died again, anyway when i got back home and plugged it in, i had a battery symbol with a white circle in the middle, but it didnt charge, so i left it and came back to it a few hours later, turned it on and all there is the samsung galaxy s3 logo. So i heard it its not a hardware problem if my laptop recognizes my phone which it does. Ive tried upload mode, it doesn't work just makes the logo flash, and download mode hasn't worked even though download mode does work, if you know what i mean. ive also tryed hitting the power button and taking the battery out and it still doesn't work.
    I've took it in 02 and because its under warranty they will send it off for repair, but my problem is i wanted my pictures off the phone and try to fix it myself instead of waiting I've been told not to give to 02 or they will just wipe everything off. Is there any chance there is anything i can do???? Thanks

Global Posts
    5,573 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Help, with black screen of death :(

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy86 View Post
    Hiya everyone,

I really hope you can help me, my phone died, then because i was waiting for a text to come though i turned on the phone, and yeah it died again, anyway when i got back home and plugged it in, i had a battery symbol with a white circle in the middle, but it didnt charge, so i left it and came back to it a few hours later, turned it on and all there is the samsung galaxy s3 logo. So i heard it its not a hardware problem if my laptop recognizes my phone which it does. Ive tried upload mode, it doesn't work just makes the logo flash, and download mode hasn't worked even though download mode does work, if you know what i mean. ive also tryed hitting the power button and taking the battery out and it still doesn't work.
    I've took it in 02 and because its under warranty they will send it off for repair, but my problem is i wanted my pictures off the phone and try to fix it myself instead of waiting I've been told not to give to 02 or they will just wipe everything off. Is there any chance there is anything i can do???? Thanks
    Welcome to Android Central
    You said your PC still recognizes the phone; you should be able to recover any images, music, videos and maybe even contacts off of it.
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah i plug it in and it says updating usb device on my laptop then after its done that, thats it, i can't find it on my computer or anything, and my phone still doesn't turn on or anything help lol

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

For about $5.00, you can buy a usb Jig on Amazon. Plug it into the phone to get back to Recovery, then download stock OS, and Reboot the phone. You're good to go.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

oh right thanks, but does that mean i lose my pictures?
    silly question but do i really need the usb jig? because it will go in download mode.
    Last edited by Daisy86; 01-03-2014 at 03:17 PM.