1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down S3 4.3 update....what have you done

Well since I got the update I've noticed a few things that annoy the **** out of me,
    firstly half of my playlist is suddenly in 'My Documents' which I now can only play while My Documents is open, I can't use Whatsapp or go to homescreen and I can't go to a next song using the buttons. Secondly the gallery is some bullsh*t stuff, whilst before you could see like 20 pictures in a screen, you can now only see 2-3 pictures, how the hell am I going to scroll through 3000+ photo's like that Samsung?!?!?! Furthermore there seems to be a problem with the charging, the battery drops way more rapid then it used to. Also my background is always tripping, like when I scroll through the different pages on the homescreen, it sometimes gets all green like a Whatsapp logo, sometimes white, sometimes black, its all weird. Lastly all the different menu's we have now, ITS NOT NECCESARY, it just confuses the f*ck out of me.

all in all you could say this update was pretty sh*t, please make a new one quick...

Default Re: S3 4.3 update....what have you done

I hear you, bro.

My galaxy s3 came when the update was already out so I directly updated it.

now my music is laggy (skips, stutters, gaps whatever you call it). The time between pressing the powerbutton and for the screen to actually go on can actually get up to 4 seconds! My phone rebooted itself randomly yesterday...

I think I'll install cyanogenmod on my device...

Global Posts
    5,573 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by liamzuid View Post
    I hear you, bro.

My galaxy s3 came when the update was already out so I directly updated it.

now my music is laggy (skips, stutters, gaps whatever you call it). The time between pressing the powerbutton and for the screen to actually go on can actually get up to 4 seconds! My phone rebooted itself randomly yesterday...

I think I'll install cyanogenmod on my device...
    It's going to be hard seeing as you are on 4.3 already

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Global Posts
    5,573 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by dennissr4 View Post
    Well since I got the update I've noticed a few things that annoy the **** out of me,
    firstly half of my playlist is suddenly in 'My Documents' which I now can only play while My Documents is open, I can't use Whatsapp or go to homescreen and I can't go to a next song using the buttons. Secondly the gallery is some bullsh*t stuff, whilst before you could see like 20 pictures in a screen, you can now only see 2-3 pictures, how the hell am I going to scroll through 3000+ photo's like that Samsung?!?!?! Furthermore there seems to be a problem with the charging, the battery drops way more rapid then it used to. Also my background is always tripping, like when I scroll through the different pages on the homescreen, it sometimes gets all green like a Whatsapp logo, sometimes white, sometimes black, its all weird. Lastly all the different menu's we have now, ITS NOT NECCESARY, it just confuses the f*ck out of me.

all in all you could say this update was pretty sh*t, please make a new one quick...
    Did you perform a factory reset after updating to 4.3? It's highly recommended to do so after anyh major update

I did... Still the same problems.

That's why I still want the cyanogenmod

Global Posts
    5,573 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

I did... Still the same problems.

That's why I still want the cyanogenmod
    You're going to need a recovery for that. I don't think SafeStrap supports CyanogenMod, and TWRP/CWM aren't working on 4.3 yet

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    You're going to need a recovery for that. I don't think SafeStrap supports CyanogenMod, and TWRP/CWM aren't working on 4.3 yet

You won't need a recovery and a complicated process with the installer at cyanogenmod.org.

Global Posts
    5,573 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

You won't need a recovery and a complicated process with the installer at cyanogenmod.org.
    Yes you do. All the installer does is give you instructions on how to do those things