S3 Stuck on Splash Screen. Please Help!

Alexandra Ribeiro

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday my phone decided to update to 4.3 and it went off without a problem, however 2 and half hours in it was stuck on the samsung splash screen. It vibrates every so often, it charges fine and sometimes my lock screen loads up [after 30minutes or so of it being on the samsung logo] only for it to turn off and start again. The Recovery and Download functions work as well. Kies won't recognise it. My Laptop sees the phone but can't open any files.

I seem to have tried everything under the sun besides Odin at this point.
I have removed battery - it's the same
I cleared the cache - nothing.
I have connected it to kies - won't recognise it.
I have used a different charger - nope.
I have used a different battery - nope.

I have never installed roms or done anything to my phone besides updating it when it comes up.

I know I can restore to factory settings, but I really don't want to as I was to keep my files.

Please help! I will forever be indebted to whomever saves me from this problem!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday my phone decided to update to 4.3 and it went off without a problem, however 2 and half hours in it was stuck on the samsung splash screen. It vibrates every so often, it charges fine and sometimes my lock screen loads up [after 30minutes or so of it being on the samsung logo] only for it to turn off and start again. The Recovery and Download functions work as well. Kies won't recognise it. My Laptop sees the phone but can't open any files.

I seem to have tried everything under the sun besides Odin at this point.
I have removed battery - it's the same
I cleared the cache - nothing.
I have connected it to kies - won't recognise it.
I have used a different charger - nope.
I have used a different battery - nope.

I have never installed roms or done anything to my phone besides updating it when it comes up.

I know I can restore to factory settings, but I really don't want to as I was to keep my files.

Please help! I will forever be indebted to whomever saves me from this problem!
I would suggest a Factory Restore. You won't loose the data on the sd card(s), but all other information (Apps, App data, unsync'd contacts and text messages) will be gone. Seems to be the only way to get it restored since the device is boot-looping. This could have been caused by a bad download or a conflict during the update process. Either way, a restore should fix the problem. If not, you may need to contact the carrier or manufacturer and see how they can help you restore. Likely by flashing stock firmware via Odin.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance