Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whatsapp and draining battery

Hi, hoping someone can help me.
    I fully charged my battery and then left it switched on overnight for 6 hours. When I woke up the battery had drained completely but I hadn't used it at all. I checked my battery status and it said whatsapp is using 45 % of my battery, device idle is 23% and cell standby 20%. Is this whats causing my battery to drain so quickly? I never used to have this problem till bout month ago.
    Thanks very much

Default Re: Whatsapp and draining battery

Quote Originally Posted by LH79 View Post
    Hi, hoping someone can help me.
    I fully charged my battery and then left it switched on overnight for 6 hours. When I woke up the battery had drained completely but I hadn't used it at all. I checked my battery status and it said whatsapp is using 45 % of my battery, device idle is 23% and cell standby 20%. Is this whats causing my battery to drain so quickly? I never used to have this problem till bout month ago.
    Thanks very much
    Same happened to me: battery drain after 12 hours, even new battery. What finally helped was to install the app 'watchdog lite' which lists all apps which consume cpu power. I let it run for some minutes and noticed that the utility app 'locale switcher' consumed 0.6 % or so cpu. This was very surprising! I did not expect this app to keep active after I used it.
    I uninstalled the app and problem gone.

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

Default Re: Whatsapp and draining battery

Happened to me also. I deleted it.