New Galaxy S3 user

djfreddo

Oct 18, 2013
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, I just bought a used s3 its currently Locked to three Ireland, what's the best/cheapest way to unclock as I've been told I can't root until its unlocked is this true ??? Also I plan on updating it to 4.3 is rooting still possible at 4.3 ??? Many thanks

PS sorry for the noob post I have rooted my nexus 7 easily but Samsung's seem complicated compared to nexus o used wugfresh on nexus and I don't believe there is a app like that for galaxy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I just bought a used s3 its currently Locked to three Ireland, what's the best/cheapest way to unclock as I've been told I can't root until its unlocked is this true ??? Also I plan on updating it to 4.3 is rooting still possible at 4.3 ??? Many thanks

PS sorry for the noob post I have rooted my nexus 7 easily but Samsung's seem complicated compared to nexus o used wugfresh on nexus and I don't believe there is a app like that for galaxy

As far as I know, you have to root to unlock the phone, not the other way around. It is possible to root on 4.3 but I would recommend staying on 4.1.2 and flashing a 4.3 TouchWiz-based ROM because you can't downgrade once you update to the official 4.3 firmware
CF Auto-root is an extremely easy method for the Galaxy S3/4

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: New galaxy s3 user

I am inclined to agree. The Knox bootloader adds so much stress to hacking it isn't funny.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

djfreddo

Oct 18, 2013
www.facebook.com

OK guys thanks for the response, can anyone point me in the direction of a guide of what to do, ie how to go about rooting and unlocking my phone, and what steps I need to take many thanks aaron

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

OK guys thanks for the response, can anyone point me in the direction of a guide of what to do, ie how to go about rooting and unlocking my phone, and what steps I need to take many thanks aaron

Still on 4.1.2 right?
Model number?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks guys I've come across this, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1703488

Is the cf method best ?? Also how do I go about flashing the 4.3 ??? And any idea how to unlock my s3 to accept any sim card

The CF method is the easiest in my experience
1) Download Odin
2) Download CF root file
3) Open Odin and find root file
4) Hit start