Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Help needed in backing up data!

    Hey guys,
    Tried a lot of searching, without any luck. I want to install a cyanogenMOD instead of using TouchWiz.. Touchwiz makes using phone a bit slow and is lagging during busy times. Like when cancelling a call and stuff.. I want to backup SMS, APP DATA, MAILS(Gmail App), Call Log... Videos and photos i can simply copy to my PC. Please help me find a solution.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Help needed in backing up data!

    Assuming that you are not rooted now, you can use Helium to backup app and app data and ease backup to backup sms and call logs.

    Gmail emails would be auto sync with your Google account, or you can also backup with Helium

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Help needed in backing up data!

    Along the same lines, do I need to backup my stock (touchwiz) before flashing? I want nothing to do with Samsung and my warranty will expire soon. It's not worth a bottle of pop anyway, by all accounts.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Help needed in backing up data!

    No don't backup touchwiz, just the third party apps that you are using

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Help needed in backing up data!

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    No don't backup touchwiz, just the third party apps that you are using

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    I've backed up all user apps on titanium back up. Do I need to "backup all system data" too?
    Thanks for your swift and helpful reply to my first query.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Help needed in backing up data!

    Quote Originally Posted by nappadang View Post
    I've backed up all user apps on titanium back up. Do I need to "backup all system data" too?
    Thanks for your swift and helpful reply to my first query.
    No, do not back up system data, since you are flashing to another rom.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Help needed in backing up data!

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    No, do not back up system data, since you are flashing to another rom.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. please help me
    By Joshua Smith9 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 06:28 PM
  2. HELP!! I can't answer incoming calls on Moto X
    By pastlelpink in forum Moto X
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 10:25 PM
  3. How To Backup App Data On Unrooted Device For Later Restoration?
    By Boris_yo in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 02:44 AM
  4. Can't even view the pictures in pdf files?
    By Grimgrak in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 12:59 AM
  5. Can't even view the pictures in pdf files?
    By Grimgrak in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 12:49 AM

Posting Permissions