Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Samsung Galaxy S3 keeps restarting

I downloaded a software update last night and fell asleep without charging my phone last night.. when i woke up and turned my phone on it booted normally (or so i thought) but now every minute or so no matter what i tried (ive tried booting with new batteries and without an sd card installed) the phone just decides to restart when it feels like it

can someone help me

Global Posts
    24,692 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 keeps restarting

Quote Originally Posted by Killian Greville View Post
    I downloaded a software update last night and fell asleep without charging my phone last night.. when i woke up and turned my phone on it booted normally (or so i thought) but now every minute or so no matter what i tried (ive tried booting with new batteries and without an sd card installed) the phone just decides to restart when it feels like it

can someone help me
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try rebooting into recovery and clearing cache.
    Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 keeps restarting

It's always a good idea to perform a Factory Reset after a major update, so that would be my suggestion (after the cache wipe, which is also important).

Obviously you'd want to backup your data, which may be difficult if the phone reboots every few minutes. You could try using the Kies software (you'll need Kies v3 if your phone has the 4.3 firmware) to individually backup items, rather than backing up the whole shooting match at once - that may allow you to get what you need.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.