Samsung Galaxy S3 keeps restarting

Killian Greville

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded a software update last night and fell asleep without charging my phone last night.. when i woke up and turned my phone on it booted normally (or so i thought) but now every minute or so no matter what i tried (ive tried booting with new batteries and without an sd card installed) the phone just decides to restart when it feels like it

can someone help me :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded a software update last night and fell asleep without charging my phone last night.. when i woke up and turned my phone on it booted normally (or so i thought) but now every minute or so no matter what i tried (ive tried booting with new batteries and without an sd card installed) the phone just decides to restart when it feels like it

can someone help me :(

Welcome to the forums.
Try rebooting into recovery and clearing cache.
Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's always a good idea to perform a Factory Reset after a major update, so that would be my suggestion (after the cache wipe, which is also important).

Obviously you'd want to backup your data, which may be difficult if the phone reboots every few minutes. You could try using the Kies software (you'll need Kies v3 if your phone has the 4.3 firmware) to individually backup items, rather than backing up the whole shooting match at once - that may allow you to get what you need.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith