Kitkat, S3 international and SD cards

newandroidguy

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys i have the 16 gb up rooted 4.3 jelly bean phone. I have read that KitKat has a modified code now that isn't very supportive of external storage. I have a few questions about this.

Samsung has announced that they will be releasing KitKat for S3 soon but should i upgrade? Or stay on the current version as i want no need to badly get a SD CARD. I have saved and saved my data but it is annoying that i have to keep doing this.

On a side note which sd card should i get that is suited for the S3, from my own research. Class 10 San disk 64 gb seems fine but there is confusion about fat 32 or the kind of partition that should be implemented. I am a new to android (ex Blackberry user).

Any technical mistakes i apologise for.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I would stay away from 64GB cards; I also suggest getting a Samsung branded card.

Google has modified SD handling in KitKat but it's not something that you need to be concerned with - poorly written 3rd party apps will have problems and either the developers will fix their apps or you'll ditch them in favor of ones that work.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

newandroidguy

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi GSder
Your absolutely right when you say that 64gb isn't worth getting for this phone. The worse ones are San disk that claim to work but they have been falling. I have learnt my lesson buying a Samsung phone that I would not let it happen again. Here is what I have learnt.

The company says that it is 64gb compatible but this is incorrect. This is probably true for a few north American S3 versions by not at all for those who use the i9300

The SanDisk older models from early 2013 need to be avoided of there are still circulating in the market and you get one your in deep deep trouble. They will fail, infact SanDisk now on its Website states 32 gb only for the S3.

The class 10 users card used have reported issues where they HD recording was corrupted, transfer rates slow versus what is advertised. So you have to keep that in mind.

The kind of memory partioning is a huge grey area. Some say let the phone do it since ex fat versus fat 32. I personally feel stick to what the phone does if your on 4.3. I am and of my kitkat is coming I don't think I will be upgrading to it. I have just performed a full hard reset on my phone and belive me the amount of time and effort I have put into this is crazy.

I may go on for the the 32 class 10 by Samsung itself. Will report on it.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer