Samsung Galaxy S3, running 4.3 - USB Connection issue

WordPad

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I searched all over the internet and read about USB connection issues on Galaxy S3, but I haven't find any solution, whenever I try to connect to the computer, the phone charges but nothing happens.
I'm running 4.3, I tried all the solutions such as opening the dialer and typing *#0808# - I used this because I'm running 4.3. Well, I'm not trying to share/put any media such as songs or pictures, I'm trying to connect to the computer because I'm willing to install cyanogenmod on my S3 and I'll root my phone, unfortunately whenever I plug it in, the battery charges but nothing happens, I opened the computer, where (D: ) and (E: ) are located, and I didn't see anything related to my phone. Some users say download Samsung Kies and install the latest Samsung Drivers, already done that but no changes. I did the factory reset and deleted everything from my phone, even my contacts.. still no change. I have all the files, for rooting, cyanogenmod, Samsung Kies, 4.4 version and Odin but I just want to know how to make my S3 connect to the computer. Please quote me if you find a solution,
The question: Why isn't my Samsung Galaxy S3 connecting to the computer, although I downloaded the latest drivers from Kies, I have Windows 8.
Thanks! I appreciate all the comments. :)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Are you using the original Samsung data cable that came with the phone? (It's quite possible that you're using a charge-only cable.)

Are you using a USB 2.0 port? (Not a blue one, or one that says SS above it.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

WordPad

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Are you using the original Samsung data cable that came with the phone? (It's quite possible that you're using a charge-only cable.)

Are you using a USB 2.0 port? (Not a blue one, or one that says SS above it.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I'm using a charge cable, yeah.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37