Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default factory reset my Galaxy S3 and now wont turn on

Please someone help me i got my Galaxy S3 from my friend it was working great like new but i needed to factory reset it. and now it will come on kinda but wont go pass the samsung screen. please any help did i completely screw up my phone????
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    21,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: factory reset my Galaxy S3 and now wont turn on

Quote Originally Posted by Cayla Ridley View Post
    Please someone help me i got my Galaxy S3 from my friend it was working great like new but i needed to factory reset it. and now it will come on kinda but wont go pass the samsung screen. please any help did i completely screw up my phone????
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try rebooting into recovery, and clearing cache. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: factory reset my Galaxy Note 3 and now lost Samsung Logo

Please help I have done a factory reset to my Samsung Galaxy Note 3, I am disappointed when it rebooted I noticed that I have now lost the Samsung logo, it now flashes ANDROID instead, can it be fixed?

Default Re: factory reset my Galaxy Note 3 and now lost Samsung Logo

yes it can be fixed if you want to fix it let me know i will guide you how to do it and yes it not original note 3 that the copy you have.

I tried the reboot but it doesn't go to the menu it just goes back to that Samsung screen and gets stuck

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Virula View Post
    I tried the reboot but it doesn't go to the menu it just goes back to that Samsung screen and gets stuck
    Are you saying that you tried rebooting into Recovery mode as mentioned in post #2 but that the phone won't go into Recovery mode?

Can you boot into Download mode? (Just like Recovery mode, but use Volume Down rather than Volume Up.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

hey bud how is it going i have a galaxy s3 that was rooted it started to acting funny so i did a back up and reset. but when i try to do a hard reset as the instructions say on the link you gave it pops up the samsung and turns off can you please help me to hard reset my phone??????

Hello and welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mongeon View Post
    when i try to do a hard reset as the instructions say on the link you gave it pops up the samsung and turns off
    With the phone completely off you press-and-hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons, and you don't release them until the Samsung logo is shown?
    What if you use Volume Down + Home + Power - will the phone enter Download mode?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk